Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic goals in 4 to 6 months?

tag
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Realistic goals in 4 to 6 months?

My reports are clean and I've completely nuked my AAoA into the ground. I have the following open accounts...

Lousy secured card. Reports to TU and EX only. $200 limit. 34 months old

Cap 1 QS1. $300 limit. 2 months old (bills run through this card)

Cap 1 secured. $200 limit. 1.2 months old

Chase Freedom. $500 limit. 1 month old (daily spending runs through this card. PIF multiple per month)

VS. $500 limit. 1 month old

Kays. $400 limit. 1.3 months old

JCrew. $250 limit. 1 month old

Fingerhut. $250 limit. 1 month old

My AAoA is probably under 5 mos now Smiley Sad. My util will be like 1.3% once I fix accidently letting my Freedom report at 85%. 

My most recent rejection was a 697 TU from Barclays. I also had a 692 EX from Walmart awhile back. Since EQ doesn't have an active account reporting over 6 mos old I don't have an EQ score currently.

I'm hoping to get the QS1 upgraded to QS, pick up a Sallie Mae CC, Discover It and maybe a Cash plus. Is it realistic to think I'd be in the ballpark for any of these in 6 months? Any chance I'll be able to get some useable limits finally?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Realistic goals in 4 to 6 months?

IMO. I Dont see why not. if you stay in the garden. maybe. just depends on the total of inquiries you have now. if you let a few of them drop off before you app i would not think any problem.

Especailly if you take your utilization down below 10 percent every month. you will easil;y gain another 30-50 points if you record is clean like you said.

then the flood gates should open. remember although the inquiries stay on report for 2 years.

they only effect your score for 12 months. thats why a lot of us go on app sprees so they will all fall off at the same time.

Message 2 of 6
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have 5 inq on each report and they all hit 6 months on Jan 22nd. Cap 1 really hammered me on inquiries.

Message 3 of 6
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@cluelessoregonguy wrote:

My reports are clean and I've completely nuked my AAoA into the ground. I have the following open accounts...

Lousy secured card. Reports to TU and EX only. $200 limit. 34 months old

Cap 1 QS1. $300 limit. 2 months old (bills run through this card)

Cap 1 secured. $200 limit. 1.2 months old

Chase Freedom. $500 limit. 1 month old (daily spending runs through this card. PIF multiple per month)

VS. $500 limit. 1 month old

Kays. $400 limit. 1.3 months old

JCrew. $250 limit. 1 month old

Fingerhut. $250 limit. 1 month old

My AAoA is probably under 5 mos now Smiley Sad. My util will be like 1.3% once I fix accidently letting my Freedom report at 85%. 

My most recent rejection was a 697 TU from Barclays. I also had a 692 EX from Walmart awhile back. Since EQ doesn't have an active account reporting over 6 mos old I don't have an EQ score currently.

I'm hoping to get the QS1 upgraded to QS, pick up a Sallie Mae CC, Discover It and maybe a Cash plus. Is it realistic to think I'd be in the ballpark for any of these in 6 months? Any chance I'll be able to get some useable limits finally?

My opinion, wait until your cards are hitting 6 months of good solid payments, then request CLI's with them. Chase will do a HP so if you don't want that, then you will have to wait with them for an auto CLI. You should be able to get a decent CLI with Cap 1. Once the new CL's report, then look at apping. You need to be in the 700's for Cash+.  SM doesn't like a lot of new accounts but they should be 6-9 months by then so as long as your scores are 680+ and you have no additional new TL's and a low util, you should be good there. When you request the PC with QS1, I would suggest doing it via PM on facebook.  That is my 2 cents. Good luck! Smiley Wink

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 6
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

My opinion, wait until your cards are hitting 6 months of good solid payments, then request CLI's with them. Chase will do a HP so if you don't want that, then you will have to wait with them for an auto CLI. You should be able to get a decent CLI with Cap 1. Once the new CL's report, then look at apping. You need to be in the 700's for Cash+.  SM doesn't like a lot of new accounts but they should be 6-9 months by then so as long as your scores are 680+ and you have no additional new TL's and a low util, you should be good there. When you request the PC with QS1, I would suggest doing it via PM on facebook.  That is my 2 cents. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Thanks much! Sounds like a plan. Hope the waiting doesn't kill me lol

Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

You will wait if you ever want to see big limits and high scores. The rabbit is faster. But the turtle wins the race. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.