cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Confused...Could use assistance/advice.

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Really Confused...Could use assistance/advice.

Some of you may know or have read my other post about an "Odd Collection Line".  If not here is the abridged - I have a line on my CR as follows:

CREDIT VISION INC #D1946****
2211 E CONTINENTAL BLVDSUITE 170
SOUTHLAKE, TX 76092
(800) 783-9160
Placed for
collection: 10/10/2013
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $1,196
Date Updated: 01/03/2014
Original Amount: $994
Original Creditor: VISA CARD
Past Due: >$1,196<
Pay Status: >In Collection<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 02/2020

Tried a DV letter as I have never gotten anything from them regarding this, and it came back undeliverable.  So I took the plunge and called them.  Got a rather nice individual that gave me the PO Box address as they apparently don't accept mail at the physical address (shrug).  Now what I consider the kicker - I asked about the debt and he gave me this information - Its from a visa card issued by First National Bank of Marin on 10/31/2001.  It was placed in collection 9/8/2008.  According to him it was placed with their agency then.  Now I have never seen or heard of this place until I noticed the new line on my CR.  I have never had something on my credit reports from them until what you see above.  I want this gone, as I was in position to be pretty much collection free by the middle of next year and now this one is on there until 2/2020.  Anyone got any ideas or hints on what I can do?

Again from all I can remember this agency has never been on my reports until now even though he said they have had it since 2008, I have never received anything from them regarding this.  I do not believe I have gotten anything from the OC before either.  I mean 2001, 13 years ago, 2008 6 years ago, and now they decide to put it on my report, AND it won't be off until 2020?  Is this even right?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Really Confused...Could use assistance/advice.

@Eyisila wrote:

Some of you may know or have read my other post about an "Odd Collection Line".  If not here is the abridged - I have a line on my CR as follows:

CREDIT VISION INC #D1946****
2211 E CONTINENTAL BLVDSUITE 170
SOUTHLAKE, TX 76092
(800) 783-9160
Placed for
collection: 10/10/2013
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $1,196
Date Updated: 01/03/2014
Original Amount: $994
Original Creditor: VISA CARD
Past Due: >$1,196<
Pay Status: >In Collection<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 02/2020

Tried a DV letter as I have never gotten anything from them regarding this, and it came back undeliverable.  So I took the plunge and called them.  Got a rather nice individual that gave me the PO Box address as they apparently don't accept mail at the physical address (shrug).  Now what I consider the kicker - I asked about the debt and he gave me this information - Its from a visa card issued by First National Bank of Marin on 10/31/2001.  It was placed in collection 9/8/2008.  According to him it was placed with their agency then.  Now I have never seen or heard of this place until I noticed the new line on my CR.  I have never had something on my credit reports from them until what you see above.  I want this gone, as I was in position to be pretty much collection free by the middle of next year and now this one is on there until 2/2020.  Anyone got any ideas or hints on what I can do?

Again from all I can remember this agency has never been on my reports until now even though he said they have had it since 2008, I have never received anything from them regarding this.  I do not believe I have gotten anything from the OC before either.  I mean 2001, 13 years ago, 2008 6 years ago, and now they decide to put it on my report, AND it won't be off until 2020?  Is this even right?

The account has been reaged, it can only report from the DOFD of the OC which would have been sometime prior to 09/08. If you still have the letter that was returned to you and it was sent to the address on the CR send copies of it front and back to the CRA demanding deletion (its automatic), barring this file an immediate complaint with the CFPB & the FTC there are violations of law here.

Adding: First Natl of Marin was a subprime partial secured card issuer.

Message 2 of 17
BatHunters
Valued Member

Sounds like they refreshed the dates (illegal). If it was placed for collection in 2008, it would expire in 2015 not 2020. It's also likely past the SOL. I would contact the OC and find out when it was sold and more importantly when your last payment was. All of this sounds illegal.

Good Luck

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU FICO 693 EQ FICO 663 04/04/2014
Goal Score: 720

Gardening since 04/09/2014
Message 3 of 17
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry, I am pretty new to this. 

The account has been reaged, it can only report from the DOFD of the OC which would have been sometime prior to 09/08. So I assume this is not legal.

If you still have the letter that was returned to you and it was sent to the address on the CR send copies of it front and back to the CRA demanding deletion (its automatic), barring this file an immediate complaint with the CFPB & the FTC there are violations of law here.  All I have is the receipt and such that it was undeliverable.  I do have a copy of the letter I sent out.  I can also get to the USPS website and put in the tracking number and it will pull up that it was not deliverable etc.  Is this what you mean?

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I am a bit lost and confused LOL.

Message 4 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Eyisila wrote:

I am sorry, I am pretty new to this. 

The account has been reaged, it can only report from the DOFD of the OC which would have been sometime prior to 09/08. So I assume this is not legal.

If you still have the letter that was returned to you and it was sent to the address on the CR send copies of it front and back to the CRA demanding deletion (its automatic), barring this file an immediate complaint with the CFPB & the FTC there are violations of law here.  All I have is the receipt and such that it was undeliverable.  I do have a copy of the letter I sent out.  I can also get to the USPS website and put in the tracking number and it will pull up that it was not deliverable etc.  Is this what you mean?

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I am a bit lost and confused LOL.

Yes this is illegal....

Where is the actual letter you sent?? If it hasnt gotten back to you yet wait for it, when you get it dont open it just photo copy front and back  of the envelope (should say undeliverable on it somewhere) and send the copy (of the envelope) with a letter to the credit reporting agency demanding that the collection account be deleted....

Message 5 of 17
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I realized this is what you meant after I posted.  I do have the letter returned.  It does state "return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, and unable to forward".

I just like to make sure I have this correct.  Copy the front and back of that envelope, and get a letter ready for the CRA's that this has to be deleted.

Is there certain wording that needs to be put into the letter?  Also, what, if anything do I do to keep this from popping back up....if I even have to worry about that going forward?

Thanks for the advice and help too

Message 6 of 17
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Anyone? Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Eyisila wrote:

I realized this is what you meant after I posted.  I do have the letter returned.  It does state "return to sender, not deliverable as addressed, and unable to forward".

I just like to make sure I have this correct.  Copy the front and back of that envelope, and get a letter ready for the CRA's that this has to be deleted. YES

Is there certain wording that needs to be put into the letter?  I am requesting that this entry (XXXXXX) be deleted as I attempted to DV them at the address reported in the TL to no avail (please see copies front & back of the returned envelope containing my DV). or soemthing to this effect.

Also, what, if anything do I do to keep this from popping back up....if I even have to worry about that going forward? Keep all records of this going forward (including the credit report) you never know what the scumbags may do but I can tell you once its deleted for failure to accept mail they dont usually come back under the same CA.

Message 8 of 17
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Thanks again.  It is greatly appreciated.

I will get those letters out ASAP, Monday.  And will keep everyone in the loop as to what happens Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Eyisila wrote:

I just like to make sure I have this correct.  Copy the front and back of that envelope, and get a letter ready for the CRA's that this has to be deleted. YES

Is there certain wording that needs to be put into the letter?  I am requesting that this entry (XXXXXX) be deleted as I attempted to DV them at the address reported in the TL to no avail (please see copies front & back of the returned envelope containing my DV). or soemthing to this effect.

Also, what, if anything do I do to keep this from popping back up....if I even have to worry about that going forward? Keep all records of this going forward (including the credit report) you never know what the scumbags may do but I can tell you once its deleted for failure to accept mail they dont usually come back under the same CA.

One last question please.  For the letter sent to the CRA's, does that need to be snail mailed?  Or can I do it online or through the dispute process or what?

Just want to make sure I maximize everything and such Smiley Happy

Thanks

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.