Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really GEMB??? I don't know how to respond to this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really GEMB??? I don't know how to respond to this

OK, So I have been sending GW's as often as I can to GEMB for an old Mervyns account;. Of course they continue to tell me no. Well, this time I tried a different tactic. Instead of asking them to remove latest, I asked them to remove the trade. This was all done through the Mervyns online messaging center. I sent my first GW and received this response.

Customer Service Wrote:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Mervyns account, and
the opportunity to be of service to you.

Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed your account record and verified
that we have accurately reported your account history information to the
major credit reporting agencies. Since we have reported accurate
information pertaining to your account, we are unable to delete or
modify the status as reported.

We appreciate you as a valued Mervyns credit card customer and the
opportunity to serve you. If you have any questions or if we may be of
further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center.

Sincerely,

[Edited to remove personal information]
Customer Service
Account is owned by GE Money Bank - Member FIDE

I responded with

Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that the information
being reported is accurate and I am not asking you to remove late
payments from the three credit reporting agencies. I am asking as a
goodwill gesture for the tramline to be removed from the three credit
reporting agencies. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act
does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account
that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have
legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from
the credit report. I'm hoping that GEMB will do that in my case for this
account.Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

This is the response I got this morning

Customer Service Wrote:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Mervyns account, and the opportunity to be of service to you.

We appreciate the time you took to provide your input. We strive to learn from our past experiences and your feedback is very important to us.

Great customer service and satisfaction are an integral part of our business. We understand your disappointment.

Please accept our sincerest apology and allow us the opportunity to provide you the highest level of customer service in the future.

If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center.

Sincerely,

[Edited to remove personal information]
Customer Service
Account is owned by GE Money Bank - Member FDIC

HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY RELEVANT TO WHAT I AM ASKING???? I have no idea what to write back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Really GEMB??? I don't know how to respond to this

I would just continue to write them GW's change them up everytime you send them. You just havent found the right person yet .Keep trying!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello gp82402

Did you get that in email or did you mail out the GW's and get a letter from them? I am working on getting my account either removed or have GEMB stop reporting the lates. I am looking for contacts from them. Any help you can provide would be great!

I am not even getting a response from them from the main address they have. Smiley Sad Keep working at it. I will be sure to bump this thread if I have any luck.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was from my online Mervyns account secure messaging center. The account was closed back in 07 but somehow I remembered the log in and was able to reach them through there. Do you still have access to your online account? This so far has been the easiest and quikest way to get a response. They always respond the next day. I have sent letters to their main address with my phone number in the letter and have always gotten a call that they have received the letter and then I get a letter in the mail telling me everything is being reported accurately and they will not remove lates. Now I'm just asking for the tradeline to be removed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if I keep bugging them they'll get sick of me and just do it! Good luck to you too!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I responded back with my request that the tradeline be deleted and I got a big no Smiley Sad This is getting frustrating....

Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Probably need to wait awhile before you send again. Maybe pick a certain day of the month to send your letters out. Its more likely that they will forget you and has a better chance someone else reading it. Just a thought!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.