Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Verizon?

tag
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

Really Verizon?

So I had a verizon account for a cell phone go delinquent.  My balance was $533.  So I called last month and paid in full which included a fee of some kind that made it over $600.

So a month later it was still showing on Equifax so I did a investigation request that balance was wrong.  So they closed it today and said, "We verified with creditor that amount is accurate" and closed it.  So, I reopened the dispute again....I mean **bleep**?  

Does anyone have a phone number to equifax so I can talk to a person??  Its so confusing to me to pay something and still have to stare at it as unpaid and delinquent killing my score when its paid in full!

And here is the kicker!!!  Ever since the above?  I am now showing TWO instances of this verizon at $533 making my score drop even lower!!!

Any help is appreciated.  I am so annoyed.  Smiley Sad

Starting FICO8 June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521 Pre-BK7
Current
FICO8 March 2023: EQ: 703 - EX- 680 - TU: 671
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Really Verizon?

I would no longer dispute through the CRA.  Send the creditor a direct dispute with documents showing it has been paid.

There are 2 TL for the same account?  Where did you get the report?

Message 2 of 5
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

Right here on myfico guiness.  Under my Equifax.

Verizon 11/2012$533120+ days past dueNoDetails
Verizon 11/2012$533120+ days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails

Whats weird is, I filed the same complaint and Experian has updated the item on their report as $0 balance and paid in full...just equifax is doing this.  Makes no sense.  Transunion is still pending but hopefully updated proper there too.

Current
Message 3 of 5
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

And on my main page it says, "You are delinquent 1066 on 2 accounts".  And really Im delinquent 0!!  ARGH

Current
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am pretty sure it is just one account.  It has to do with SW.

It shows one as flagged as negative the other isn't.

To be 100% I would get a free one from ACR if you can or break down and buy one directly from EQ.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.