Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really could use some help!! Comcast, Sprint, DirecTV collections

tag
Jlex0201

Really could use some help!! Comcast, Sprint, DirecTV collections

I have a few collections on my account as follows:

Caine & Weiner: $115--

Enhanced recovery: $214-- Original Creditor :direcTV  scheduled to come off 03/2016

Enhanced recovery: $639-- Original creditor   Smiley Frustratedprint 

Stellar Recovery:  $688.13-- Original Creditor : Comcast  scheduled to come off 08/2015

Problem is they have not appeared on my credit report for a while and all of the sudden appeared and dropped my score significantly  580 609 595 . Now I can't purchase a vehicle after I already sold my car. I'm stuck here renting a car as no banks are financing me, talk about **bleep** out of luck. I make $143,000+ and cant get a loan. I've applied at roadloans, lendingtree and nothing.

Someone please guide me

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really could use some help!! Comcast, Sprint, DirecTV collections

I got financed (for a used car) with far worse scores than that. And much lower income. Yes, I put a sizeable chunk of change down, amounting to half the deal....

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were about yours when I got my used van. Got financed by WFDS with $3000 down and 17.99% interest.
You could always refinance after a year of on time payments.
Message 3 of 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Those aren't bad scores for subprime auto lending, if they're FICO scores, they would be even higher probably with a FICO Auto Score.

2 of those collections are fairly old and I doubt they're affecting your score an awful lot, but a car lender will look at your report so if you're hoping for a no money down loan, they might be hurting that way.

How old are the Caine & Weiner (is that a utility also?), and the Sprint that ERC is reporting?   I will tell you this much right now, ERC (Enhanced Recovery) plays hardball.  If you 've been repairing your credit and successfully raising your score, then they got a notification and threw those collections in to your reports.   

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 4 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

With regard to the original post, what are your plans regarding payment of the debt on the reported collections?

Is your plan to simply let the collections become excluded, and leave the debt unpaid?

The unpaid debt could continue to be an issue if the new creditor with whom you are seeking credit becomes aware of the unpaid debt.

They could become aware if you made a prior application to them, and they have a copy of a prior credit report in their file.

They could also become aware by simply asking, as part of the application papers, for disclosure of any unpaid, delinquent debt.

You might still consider payment of the debt.

Credit report exclusion, and presumably also expiration of SOL, may make the owner willing to settle for a small fraction of the debt, and thus eliminate any issue of still having the unpaid, delinquent debt.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In October I got approved by Capital One for $25k @ 19% with the starting scores I have listed below and no money down.   My CR was a mess.  Collections, repo, defaulted student loans, unsatisfied judgement.   I just refinanced @ 6.39%.  My income is $125k.

Message 6 of 11
Jlex0201

I have been working on paying debts on time but of course money runs out so quickly especially in california where i pay both federal and state taxes so my 143,000 doesnt seem like much.

Also I have a $62,000 student loan that i am paying back. I'm trying to get a $30,000 car loan.

I dont mind paying these collections off but i need to know what my best plan of attack should be. Especially since most of them are scheduled to drop between august 2015 and 03/2016.

Caine & Weiner was placed on my credit even though they didn't have my social and that is a water fountain bill (Arrowhead/Nestle pure life) that I completely forgot about after my mom passed away and I moved.  

I was late on my bmw 3 times by a few days (ridiculous) Loan is now closed

and I have 3 lates on capital one account in sept 2013 (30 days) Oct and Dec 2014 (30 days)-this card is now paid off

My credit has never been able to skyrocket, not sure if because of student loans but starting to get discouraged.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans will only hold you back if they are reporting derogs.

Its the collections holding you back - and possibly a lack of positive open revolving accounts if your Cap One is your only card.

Message 8 of 11
Jlex0201

@Anonymous wrote:

Student loans will only hold you back if they are reporting derogs.

Its the collections holding you back - and possibly a lack of positive open revolving accounts if your Cap One is your only card.

I have a $3000 jared account, balance is like $800 and a first premier credit card $700 and my balance is $611. My capital one is $300 and its paid off. student loan $62,000 on Auto withdraw so never late. no more car loans.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay off the balances. High balances will kill your scores. You should only let one card report a balance of less than 10% of its limit.

Apply for a second Capital One card. Use the cap one cards frequently for everyday expenses and pay them off right away. Basically you want to charge them to their limits and pay them down several times per month. Do that for 3 months and start requesting CLI's.

If you have at least two years of payment history on your accounts, apply for a Barclays Reward card.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.