Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really frustrated with Experian today.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really frustrated with Experian today.

I had an old charged off account update yesterday.  It caused my TU and EQ scores to rise by a good 30-40 points!  It appears the old account was sold to a collection agency.  It is well, well past the SOL where I live, so I'm not overly concerned with it.  It drops off in a year.

But Ex?  Dropped 43 points.

And to add insult to injury, Ex dropped again today because of an update to one of my Cap One accounts - and the update says the account is a personal loan.  It is a credit card - not a loan.  Wth, Ex?

I tried to dispute it online, but Ex tells me "We were unable to honor your request as you have exceeded the maximum number of views allowed for this report number."

What report number?  I didn't use a report number to try accessing my information at all.

I guess I'll be calling tomorrow since at least the Cap 1 account is so obviously incorrect.  I'm just so frustrated that my other two scores are RIGHT at 700, and keep rising - and then Ex throws this curveball at me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really frustrated with Experian today.

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an old charged off account update yesterday.  It caused my TU and EQ scores to rise by a good 30-40 points!  It appears the old account was sold to a collection agency.  It is well, well past the SOL where I live, so I'm not overly concerned with it.  It drops off in a year.

But Ex?  Dropped 43 points.

And to add insult to injury, Ex dropped again today because of an update to one of my Cap One accounts - and the update says the account is a personal loan.  It is a credit card - not a loan.  Wth, Ex?

I tried to dispute it online, but Ex tells me "We were unable to honor your request as you have exceeded the maximum number of views allowed for this report number."

What report number?  I didn't use a report number to try accessing my information at all.

I guess I'll be calling tomorrow since at least the Cap 1 account is so obviously incorrect.  I'm just so frustrated that my other two scores are RIGHT at 700, and keep rising - and then Ex throws this curveball at me.

Pull your full free Experian report from annualcreditreport.com. Use the report number on it to dispute the incorrect information.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I tried that yesterday it kept telling me ""We were unable to honor your request as you have exceeded the maximum number of views allowed for this report number." - but I didn't use a report # to try accessing my report.

I tried again this morning using the dispute link from Creditkarma and was finally able to get in.

The problem now is that I'm not sure what I should dispute about it or if I should bother at all.  The account was sold/transferred from the Original Creditor - that is the only change, and the balance dropped from $3,395 to $0.  The account was already closed, and it is still closed.  The simple update that the account was transferred apparently gave me a 40pt drop!

I'm not sure why that would cause it to drop when it magically caused the other two bureaus to INCREASE for the same change.  So frustrating.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should always dispute with CRA's via mailed letter. The CRA's only allow like 200 characters and that is not enough space to give a detailed description of the dispute. They want to basically run your dispute through the computer system since it is easier for them to process it that way. Don't let them off the hook that easily. Write a letter instead.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.