cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really need help - BOA small balance ruined perfect credit

tag
mechdroid

Really need help - BOA small balance ruined perfect credit

I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me.  We worked for several years to pay all of our credit card balances down to $0 and paid everything perfectly.  Our score went from low 600 to 760+.  Then somehow a balance of less than $100 (random charge we didn't remember making) and an annual fee hit our card we thought was paid off.  We are paperless with BOA so they were sending statements to my wife's email address that she doesn't regularly check.  This small balance went 30 days then 60 days past due without us knowing it.  Has anyone had any success with working with BOA or a credit agency to get something like this mistake taken care of?  We have talked to Customer Service at BOA but they told us that there is nothing they can do since it has already been reported to the credit reporting agencies.  Any help or direction will be incredibly helpful as we are about 2 weeks from closing on a refinance and we know the underwriter will pull a revised credit report and it will show the past due. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Really need help - BOA small balance ruined perfect credit

My DW was succesul in remvoing via goodwill e-mail to the CEO's office.  Google Bank of America CEO e-mail.  There are many good examples of GW letter in the forum.  In her case, someone from the EO called back and it was pretty painless process.

Good luck.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.