DaveRoth

Really strange Experian response

Sent a dispute CMRRR to EX recently

I disputed:

•   2 chargeoffs as obsolete (they are due to fall off in the next 6 months)
  •   An old utility bill which was being reported by 2 different CA’s
  •   And Portfolio, which was still listing a balance for an account for which they had already issued me a 1099

Got my results this week – about 15 days after I sent in the dispute.

Much to my amazement, EX  ‘Updated’ a Capital One account.   I had not mentioned this account in my dispute, and they ignored the 4 tradelines that I did dispute.

Any ideas for my next move?

Do I send the first letter (with proof of delivery) again, with a cover letter that demands a response to the 4 accounts for which I submitted disputes?  Send it to their legal dept.?

Perhaps I wait until their 30 days has passed and then write again and demand deletion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Really strange Experian response

DaveRoth wrote:

Sent a dispute CMRRR to EX recently

I disputed:

•   2 chargeoffs as obsolete (they are due to fall off in the next 6 months)
  •   An old utility bill which was being reported by 2 different CA’s
  •   And Portfolio, which was still listing a balance for an account for which they had already issued me a 1099

Got my results this week – about 15 days after I sent in the dispute.

Much to my amazement, EX  ‘Updated’ a Capital One account.   I had not mentioned this account in my dispute, and they ignored the 4 tradelines that I did dispute.

Any ideas for my next move?

Do I send the first letter (with proof of delivery) again, with a cover letter that demands a response to the 4 accounts for which I submitted disputes?  Send it to their legal dept.? Also wait 30 days, good luck!

Perhaps I wait until their 30 days has passed and then write again and demand deletion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Welcome to the forums!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
DaveRoth

Re: Really strange Experian response

Sorry I posted to this forum rather than 'Rebuilding'.  Perhaps the moderators could move it.  Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+