cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel's mistakes and accountability plan...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebel's mistakes and accountability plan...

Awesome Norman, thanks! Glad to hear of another potential choice.

My loan is 4.1%, 12 months, and they still pay the .025% a savings account earns lol.
Message 11 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uggh, Really messed up on these two outstanding Medical Charges.  For one $300 total dollars should never ever have gone to collections.  Once they were there, I shouldn't have paid them without a promise to remove the entry.  Professional Adjustment Corporation was into me for $230ish bucks and now is reporting "Paid in Full", but they will not remove the entry.  How long do these things stay on, 7 years?

Message 12 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Uggh, Really messed up on these two outstanding Medical Charges.  For one $300 total dollars should never ever have gone to collections.  Once they were there, I shouldn't have paid them without a promise to remove the entry.  Professional Adjustment Corporation was into me for $230ish bucks and now is reporting "Paid in Full", but they will not remove the entry.  How long do these things stay on, 7 years?

Yes, seven years. After two years they don't hold your score down as much. I am amazed by your story and your tenacity! Keep going and it will just get better! You are really doing such an outstanding job by first, admitting your mistakes to yourself and then making a plan to make things better. That is what it takes. In 2008 I filed Chapter 13. It took five years to pay it off and two more years to have the bankruptcy fall off my credit reports. During that time I learned so many things that have helped me in my rebuild. 

You can learn everything you need in this forum to make those forward steps. Keep your head up and keep up the fantastic work!Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Musiclover wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, seven years. After two years they don't hold your score down as much. I am amazed by your story and your tenacity! Keep going and it will just get better! You are really doing such an outstanding job by first, admitting your mistakes to yourself and then making a plan to make things better. That is what it takes. In 2008 I filed Chapter 13. It took five years to pay it off and two more years to have the bankruptcy fall off my credit reports. During that time I learned so many things that have helped me in my rebuild. 

You can learn everything you need in this forum to make those forward steps. Keep your head up and keep up the fantastic work!Smiley Happy

+1   You can learn everything you need to know on this forum!

It is a great center of Knowledge, and people with incredibly relevant experience.

Message 14 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, well my Capital 1 still isn't showing up on any report. But the credit builder loan, and two comenity cards hit Experian and my Credit Karna s ore jumped 32 points. Experian on Credit Check Total was a much more modest 4 point increase.

Positive things happening....
Message 15 of 64
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Good job thus far!

I hear ya about preferring CK scores to CCT. Unfortunately CCT scores are closer to what lenders will pull. CCT uses FICO 8, most lenders use some type of  FICO scoring not Vantage. Lenders usually use a different FICO system than what's available for consumers. Some even have custom FICO algorithms they use.

Anyway, you're on the right track. Keep it up, you could be in the 700 before you know it.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 16 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this morning TU on CK went up a bit.  I know they aren't real scores, but encouraging to watch the needle head in the right direction.

Right now only a few Comenity Cards and my new credit builder instalment loan have hit...funny if these are driving things as I haevn't made a charge on any of the cards and no one has been paid anything.  I look forward to the Cap 1 showing up, the rest of the cards making the list and to see some on time payments.

Some good stuff considering little has happened.

I'm interested to hear thoughts on thie following plan:......

Capital 1, Merrick, WAWA....my three primaries:

Cap 1/Merrick are set up to pay regular bills (power, cell phone, etc...), Cap 1 is in my wallet and might get used here and there, but usage should hover around 10% or less

My Wawa gas card gets a workout, trying to keep it under 30% by paying it off every two weeks and just keeping an eye on the spending....enjoying the temporary perk of $.20 cents off per gallon of gas and I use a lot of gas with a lengthy commute.

I intend to put very small amounts on each of three Comenity cards Bealls (I'll buy stuff we use like socks and stuff, but keep it between 10-30% and pay off every month early.  Gander Mountain will be similiar, I can actually find stuff to buy there, finally the Marathin Gas card...we have one close by so it won't be a problem to exercise it...keep it low and payoff regularly.   The rest of the Comenity cards are probably just gonna sit around and do nothing they tend to be expensive stores that sell things unsuited to our lifestyle.

I intend to be proactive in seeking increased credit limits whenever possible...plan to seek better cards in a a few months as scores continue to go up.

So...intend to garden with these 6 cards in very deliberate and thought out ways. 

The installment loan is set for automatic withdrawals and the account the money is coming from is almost fully funded for the life of the loan (it will be over that amount next Friday).

I'm wondering if I should add the secured Discover IT to the mix...would this get me closer to a regular Discover card faster?

My Student Loan , currently on an income based repayment is up for renewal in the fall, making more money now but worried about adding that cost back in...not making enough for it to be really comfortable to outlay that kind of cash right now.

Message 17 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total Scores June 29, 2016:

Fico Score 8: 588 

Experian: 588

Transunion: 608

Equifax: 581

CCT Scores July 11, 2016

FICO: 592

Experian: 592

Transunion: 613

Equifax: 586

Working my plan...keeping the main cards paid down.  Went Friday to a Bealls Dept. Store and bout $20 worth of socks which I just paid off...does using these comenity cards really matter at all?

Credit reports still not showing my Capital 1 card at all.  It's my "big show" LOL...c'mon Cap 1get in there!

Message 18 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 showed up for me on the second statement cut.

- C

Message 19 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know lowkeyorcam, thanks.

I went and paid the Bealls Dept. Store Comity card then asked for a credit limit increase...got the "will let you know in 7-10 days" rersponse.  Went over to Gander Mountain and the website wouldn't let me request an increase.

I also know that its too early, but I asked for an increase on the Cap 1 as well....I hope to get one snuck in in the next few months with them, hoping that at 5-6 month sI will get an automatic CLI.  I've heard some have had success with this as early as 60 days. 

Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.