cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel's mistakes and accountability plan...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebel's mistakes and accountability plan...

Thank you! ^_^

Message 31 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Cap 1 still not showing.

None the less, I was pelasantly surprised to see my CCT FICO/Experian jump to 604 today.  Wish I understood why it dove to 584 yesterday, then rebounded by 20 points.

Message 32 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rebel, thanks for the read! I too am working on building my scores for real estate investing. . . . i gotta get my scores all over 630 to qualify to the hard money lender I like. My goal is to the end of this year. Good luck on your continued journey & Kudos to your success !!

Message 33 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck wiscogirl.....hope you get where you need to be!
Message 34 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well Cap 1 still not showing.

None the less, I was pelasantly surprised to see my CCT FICO/Experian jump to 604 today.  Wish I understood why it dove to 584 yesterday, then rebounded by 20 points.

yay for above 600 again. I'm waiting very impatiently for several updates to hit my reports. I'm high 500's atm and just crossing fingers for these changes bumping me over 600.

Message 35 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes yay for 600....actually first time the real Experian has broken 600, joins transunion in my personal 600 club.

Things should look really good in a couple months time if I tend things right.
Message 36 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 still not showing anything at all. almost 2 months in.  I finally found the CLI button and got rejected, expected as everyone on here says at least two months, I will try again then.  I may switch most of my monthly spend to Merrick, those guys report to the credit bureau before they tell me whats going on...

On that not Merrick appears to be coming through, they indicate as a "new" account on CCT and my total available revolving credit has shot up by the $750 they indicated (total now $4400 Smiley Happy)  Kinda funny, got the so called pre approval from these guys then the hard pull....haven't heard a thing from them, but see everything happening on CCT and CK.

CCT now down 2 points to 602, CK totals up today TU 648, Equifax 641  I hope the appearance of Cap 1 will drive these up, but waiting is painful.

One of me Medical collections was paid like 3-4 weeks ago, but still showing as in collections, when that appears satisfied I hope for a little something.

I've decided to keep all the Comenity store cards for the moment, going to try to run a very small balance on two or three and try to bump the CL on them as much as possible.

Should I buy something on all of them and let it cycle then payoff...the ones i intend to clos eor let run out in a year....any benefit to having a charge or two on them?  No idea what I would buy at Wayfair, VS, or Express....lol.  I'd probably step out of the garden for another real card, but not willing to risk rolling the dice yet, perhaps late this year depending on how things progress.

One other thing i can't find a straight answer on.  So I have these 5 student loan derogatories.  Two: 60 days, Led to one or two 90 days, and finally one or two 120 days before I wised up and got an income based $0 repayment set up.  Great Lakes will not budge or alter these lates.  So my thought is....and this is where I need clarification....bury the bads in new positive transactions.  Is it possible to minimize these mistakes with lots of new on time payments.  I've noticed that my payemt history seems to be reported as a percentage...so my thought is that an overwhelming number of positive pays on time months should drive this figure up, won't replace or eliminate the negatives, but should dilute those negatives.  Of course this would be WORK to juggle all the parts...is it worth it?  Will it have an effect?

Message 37 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap 1 still not showing anything at all. almost 2 months in.  I finally found the CLI button and got rejected, expected as everyone on here says at least two months, I will try again then.  I may switch most of my monthly spend to Merrick, those guys report to the credit bureau before they tell me whats going on...

On that not Merrick appears to be coming through, they indicate as a "new" account on CCT and my total available revolving credit has shot up by the $750 they indicated (total now $4400 Smiley Happy)  Kinda funny, got the so called pre approval from these guys then the hard pull....haven't heard a thing from them, but see everything happening on CCT and CK.

CCT now down 2 points to 602, CK totals up today TU 648, Equifax 641  I hope the appearance of Cap 1 will drive these up, but waiting is painful.

One of me Medical collections was paid like 3-4 weeks ago, but still showing as in collections, when that appears satisfied I hope for a little something.

I've decided to keep all the Comenity store cards for the moment, going to try to run a very small balance on two or three and try to bump the CL on them as much as possible.

Should I buy something on all of them and let it cycle then payoff...the ones i intend to clos eor let run out in a year....any benefit to having a charge or two on them?  No idea what I would buy at Wayfair, VS, or Express....lol.  I'd probably step out of the garden for another real card, but not willing to risk rolling the dice yet, perhaps late this year depending on how things progress.

One other thing i can't find a straight answer on.  So I have these 5 student loan derogatories.  Two: 60 days, Led to one or two 90 days, and finally one or two 120 days before I wised up and got an income based $0 repayment set up.  Great Lakes will not budge or alter these lates.  So my thought is....and this is where I need clarification....bury the bads in new positive transactions.  Is it possible to minimize these mistakes with lots of new on time payments.  I've noticed that my payemt history seems to be reported as a percentage...so my thought is that an overwhelming number of positive pays on time months should drive this figure up, won't replace or eliminate the negatives, but should dilute those negatives.  Of course this would be WORK to juggle all the parts...is it worth it?  Will it have an effect?

Oh, if it were only that simple....

While they show it as a percentage, in reality its not calculated as such in your score. Its far more complex. One thing that is for sure is that you get a bump for having more good unblemished accounts, than tarnished accounts.

Message 38 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For what it's worth, my Cap 1 didn't report until 3 days after my second statement cut.

I wouldn't give up on the Good Will with Great Lakes, I'd be sending GW letters to the EO on a weekly basis. I don't think lenders look at the percentage, I think they look at the flat number for lates. 

Message 39 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, still no Cap 1 on the report....but some positive things anyway.

In the past 3-4 days my new Merrick has been added to my report along with five Comenity store cards.  With those additions my FICO/Experian is.....ready for it..........622!!!  I can hardly believe the increase...doesn't even reflect the hardest work.  My near term goal was simply to be at 660 with good prospects, I can imagine that score...it's starting to come into view!

660 will make me fully eligible for  licensing exam which, if pssed, will put me in a really good place for promotion and other new opportunities...this is the reason that brought me here.  In just a couple of months I've seen drmatic improvement.  The results are due to the good folks here like Norman and Lowkeyorca (and a bunch of others) who have contributed to this site as a whole and, at times, to me in particular...thansk so much!

Edited to add: Looks like while I was typing the above Experian/CCT received the first of my Cap 1 info....they are reporting finally!!!

Message 40 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.