Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebounded REALLY BAD!! :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebounded REALLY BAD!! :(

Hi all, I was on the journey to rebuilding my credit from low 5's to high 6's and one 701. Now they're down in the 4's omg. I lost my job and recently got another one so now I have the funds to pay cc's but I just realized my unrestricted cap one cards are not able to be reopened! sad day*

Has anyone had luck with a restricted card getting out of that status? It doesn't say closed, it just says restricted but I spoke with a rep via chat and they said it's not possible to change the status and now I'm ineligible for cap one accounts. fml. I was doing so good. i had reached a limit of 4800 starting with 300.00. I really don't know what to do now, should I pay the amount in full and just leave it be or keep making payments and apply the large sum of money to a secured cc like opensky.

Please help. Sorry for all the typos I'm on my phone and at work. But it's driving me insane. I'm going out of town for the holiday and IDK how I'm going to rent a car now. gaaaah. Now I'm really stuck and don;t know where to start since cap one was the only place that accepts people like myself : (

**correction on my credit report its no longer listed under revolving accounts, it's shown as closed by credit grantor**

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebounded REALLY BAD!! :(

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I was on the journey to rebuilding my credit from low 5's to high 6's and one 701. Now they're down in the 4's omg. I lost my job and recently got another one so now I have the funds to pay cc's but I just realized my unrestricted cap one cards are not able to be reopened! sad day*

Has anyone had luck with a restricted card getting out of that status? It doesn't say closed, it just says restricted but I spoke with a rep via chat and they said it's not possible to change the status and now I'm ineligible for cap one accounts. fml. I was doing so good. i had reached a limit of 4800 starting with 300.00. I really don't know what to do now, should I pay the amount in full and just leave it be or keep making payments and apply the large sum of money to a secured cc like opensky.

Please help. Sorry for all the typos I'm on my phone and at work. But it's driving me insane. I'm going out of town for the holiday and IDK how I'm going to rent a car now. gaaaah. Now I'm really stuck and don;t know where to start since cap one was the only place that accepts people like myself : (

A couple months back I received an email from cap one regarding such a restricted account, after almost three years of paying on it. It stated that it would be unrestricted after the next payment, but they did not unfreeze it, and since I am preparing a BK filing I have sinced stopped paying it. Just keep paying on it, it will report just like a normal card, you just won't have the use of it. They may decide to unfreeze it once its paid down below 50%.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sad to hear your filing for BK, you've been such a major help to me in bettering my credit. That's nice to know that there's a small chance of getting it together. I even offered to make a payment over half but maybe the rep overlooked it. I may try calling after work.

Do you suggest I try another secured card or just pay that off and wait it out?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sad to hear your filing for BK, you've been such a major help to me in bettering my credit. That's nice to know that there's a small chance of getting it together. I even offered to make a payment over half but maybe the rep overlooked it. I may try calling after work.

Just keep making the minimums on it, like I said it will appear on your reports as a perfectly normal card. You just can't put new charges on it - and that fact is not shown anywhere on your reports.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just keep making the minimums on it, like I said it will appear on your reports as a perfectly normal card. You just can't put new charges on it - and that fact is not shown anywhere on your reports.

ehhh i see i see, right now it's showing as closed by grantor. It's not showing as an open account with my revolving credit if that makes sense. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ehhh i see i see, right now it's showing as closed by grantor. It's not showing as an open account with my revolving credit if that makes sense. 

Ah... Mine showed as an open account. In that case just pay it off.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.