Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucketed?

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Rebucketed?

So I checked my EQ FICO socre today and to my suprise, my score had dropped to 681 from 688. I was a little taken aback since I had expected it to be higher. There are currently no new negative information on my credit report. My utilization is still at 4%. I have two credit cards and one just reported a zero balance (which has been updated on my EQ). No other changes on my report.

Any thoughts to why my score dropped other than potentially moving to a new bucket? I have a BK reporting and I'm not sure if I can move to a different bucket with a BK

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebucketed?

Scores fluctuate. Is 8 points going to make or break you?

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see anything that would change your major file categorization, and thus move you into a different scoring category.

There are so many factors involved in scoring that it is nearly impossible to attribute what caused a score change, particularly of that small amount.  There is something in your file that was either reported or viewed differently.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I vote no on rebucketing. You'd likely see a score change of much more. In fact, if a BK reports, you are stuck in the PR bucket for as long as the BK reports; you cannot be rebucketed until the BK goes away. You can always increase the balance on that CC for next month to exactly that balance to see if there are any changes.

Message 4 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Thanks guys. It was just a little disappointing to see my score drop when I thought I was doing all the right things. I'm not actually going to check my score for a while anymore, I'll keep my USAA service and monitor my report. I don't need new credit, likely won't buy a house for two years. I'll just continue to work on doing things right Smiley Happy 

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@daisydvm wrote:

So I checked my EQ FICO socre today and to my suprise, my score had dropped to 681 from 688. I was a little taken aback since I had expected it to be higher. There are currently no new negative information on my credit report. My utilization is still at 4%. I have two credit cards and one just reported a zero balance (which has been updated on my EQ). No other changes on my report.

Any thoughts to why my score dropped other than potentially moving to a new bucket? I have a BK reporting and I'm not sure if I can move to a different bucket with a BK

I'm guessing this caused the score difference.   Some people have reported that FICO utilization likes to see more than 1 card reporting a balance.   Most people start with a single card reporting less than 9%, but this isn't the optimal scenario for everyone.   YMMV.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 8
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Did you have any HPs? It's the range of a drop I saw when I had a HP.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@Lois5669 wrote:

Did you have any HPs? It's the range of a drop I saw when I had a HP.

No HPs but I guess it coud have been the zero  balance that caused the drop.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.