Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Complete...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuild Complete...

ALmost exactly one year ago I started this journey. No CC's...Low 500s on every bureau, and literally no knowledge of how and what todo. BUT...I decided something had to be done and I stumbled upon this wonderful site. To make a LONG story short......

Current Fico8 Scores:

EQ 770

Ex 749

TU 760

Purchased a brand new Sonata Sport on the first of June....1.99% from my local CU

6/7 Usaa Amex CLI 7k-10k

6/7 Citi Double Cash 5K

Amex Blue Cash Preffered 8K

( My first app spree, and rounds out the portfolio that I wanted so Im pretty happy)

During this rebuild year I had picked up the USAA, 2 Quicksilvers which Ive since consolidated into one and a Sportsmans Guide, which I got like most of us who stumble unto this site and discover the shopping cart trick lol.

Thank you so much guys for all of your posts, advice, encouragement and information.Smiley LOL

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild Complete...

I also just want to add, that I have gained a wealth of knowledge in this past year, and though all of our situations are different, I would be pleased to help anyone who has any questions that need to be answered about their rebuild journey. It's become a bit of an obsession for me and I enjoy it very much.Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Excellent work! Good for you on the success!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Awesome job.

Message 4 of 12
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Congrats. Great scores.

It's hard to believe but November will be my 1 year of rebuilding and honestly I will still be in the sh****t this November.

Message 5 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success , these kind of stories give me inspiration to keep on pushing .
Message 6 of 12
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

@AutoBot wrote:

Congrats. Great scores.

It's hard to believe but November will be my 1 year of rebuilding and honestly I will still be in the sh****t this November.

Congrats to the OP!

But regarding this, don't be disheartened.  I've been at this for two years, and my scores are now just rising above 650 finally.

Everyone's credit profile is different, and it's different among the three bureaus.  

It'll probably be a total of three years+ until I hit those scores, but I also had a lot to recover from.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everyone...

@AutoBot wrote:

Congrats. Great scores.

Yea AutoBot everyone is different but Im sure its going to work out in your favor very soon. Just keep pushing and following the advice you get here and it will all start to work out!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! This is giving me hope. I just started my journey to rebuilding my credit.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats. That is great work in a year. I have not made that much progress in my year but I just found this site and I am gaining a wealth of knowledge. I'm trying to increase my # of accounts now which after the initial dip should give me a nice bump.

I do have a question for you... you mentioned the shopping cart trick. I understand what this is (I think I do- apping when given the opportunity at checkout, right?) but is it generally considered a good thing or a bad thing? Or am I totally off base? Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.