Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuild Credit

Hi All,

My credit score had been on the downfall for the past 1.5 years due to high utilization of my credit cards. I have an Costco Amex and a Capital One which are utilized at 80%.  Due to which my credit score has come down from 790 to 622 over the past year.

I would want to pay off my credit cards but am unable to do so currently.  Is it possible that i would get any Balance transfer card approved so I can save on the Interest charges on my current credit cards?

Thanks in advance

Arav

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild Credit

More than likely if you do get approved the credit line would be too small to handle the balance transfer.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

My credit score had been on the downfall for the past 1.5 years due to high utilization of my credit cards. I have an Costco Amex and a Capital One which are utilized at 80%.  Due to which my credit score has come down from 790 to 622 over the past year.

I would want to pay off my credit cards but am unable to do so currently.  Is it possible that i would get any Balance transfer card approved so I can save on the Interest charges on my current credit cards?

Thanks in advance

Arav

What are the balances/limits on your cards, and where are you getting your score?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. My total limits on the cards are 15k and I am getting the scores from CreditSesame and CreditKarma.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the response. My total limits on the cards are 15k and I am getting the scores from CreditSesame and CreditKarma.

Balances and limit on each card?

CS and CK are worthless for scores. Get your true FICO scores from Credit Check Total for one dollar with their 7 day trial.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the short Msg. I sent it without much details.
9000 usage/10000 on one card
10000 usage/15000 on another card.

I just signed up for Credit Check Total
Experian - 660
TransUnion - 634
Equifax - 616
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.