Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Status: Complete!

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Rebuild Status: Complete!

Well, I owe a huge thank you to everyone who contributes here. Several years ago I was in the low 500s, maybe worse. I started actively trying to fix things about a year ago and got into the mid 600s relatively quickly. Well, a couple days ago, my last paid collection fell off. Pushed all of my scores up a lot, Trans Union and Equifax are now 750 and 762 respectively. But, the one that floored me, is my Experian FICO8 - now at an all-time high for me at 801!!! 

Feels really good seeing the progress, and it's all thanks to this forum! Now if I can just hold off on applying for anything so I can get the CSP in a year - it'll take me that long to get under 5/24. Side note: this couldn't have come at a better time as I just got approved for a mortgage a few weeks ago. 

image.png

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild Status: Complete!

Congrats!!
Message 2 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Since you just got approved for mortgage don't apply for anything till after you close.  Even after only apply for credit that you really need.  

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 7
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys. No, I will not be applying for anything until mortgage is closed, funded, and I have keys in my hand! I don't really plan on applying for anything credit card wise, as I have everything I need and it's easy to manage - though I will app w Chase probably a year from now. The only thing I might do is after closing buy some furniture at 0%, but then again I may just pay for it. Just depends on how much updating the house will need once I find "the one". 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 4 of 7
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Good job!!! Congratulations on those scores & good luck on that mortgage!! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job. Now protect those scores with your life. Congratulations.
Message 6 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on the awesome scores! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.