Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Time!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild Time!

I've begun the forbearance stage for the 2 accounts I have. They are reporting "current" but I have to make sure I catch the payments due in the next few days. I believe I should just place them in auto payment. Less on the brain for me to think about.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

A few hours ago; my wife and I were talking CC's since she just got her Chase Freedom 4k LMT card. I was browsing some SC carriers and decided I'd try for the Discover IT secured card.

5 minutes later I was approved with a $200 deposit/limit! Kudos to me huh! Card should be here within 2-3 weeks. 

This is exciting!

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend grabbing the Cap1 Secured, too. No AF, and builds you a relationship with Cap1.

- C

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually had a platinum UNSEC and and secured one prior. They both charged off with low balances which I have since then paid off. I tried to apply for a new one recently and they denied it. I'm thinking I should get started with this DC and get some use/payments under my belt before I try again.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually had a platinum UNSEC and and secured one prior. They both charged off with low balances which I have since then paid off. I tried to apply for a new one recently and they denied it. I'm thinking I should get started with this DC and get some use/payments under my belt before I try again.

Ah, makes sense. Good plan!

Message 15 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Good luck to you, and have patience....it is all worth it in the end.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Discover card is here! Im only going to run a 30% usage on this card monthly as that usually is the sweet spot to gain points fast (30-33%)

We'll see where I'm at around Nov/Dec

Message 17 of 20
rebuilding123
New Contributor

Best of luck on your rebuild! 

Military Star $6.7K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7K | Barclays Arrival $3K | BankAmericard Platinum Plus $2.5K | Blue Nile $4.5K
Starting Score: ~490 (April 2015)
FICO 8: 712 EQ // 695 TU // 701 EX (August 2016)
Goal Score: 720
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

Discover card is here! Im only going to run a 30% usage on this card monthly as that usually is the sweet spot to gain points fast (30-33%)

We'll see where I'm at around Nov/Dec

👌🏻

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have paid them off, you should be good to go with them again once the most recent CO is over 12 months old.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.