Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild complete, maintenance begins

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Rebuild complete, maintenance begins

I haven't really worked on my credit aggresively as most people do because I had no goals. I want good credit cards but never felt that I needed them so I lay low for a long time and then let SOL take care of things. Only in last 2 years have I actually applied for any credit cards and of course when a good card like CSR came around I was 5/24. So now I have to wait till Oct to even apply for it. But come Oct I will be one year in garden so that aging also helped my credit.

Today I was going to call EQ for last EE and this morning I decided to check something else when I found that EQ automatically removed it. I was dreading a call with EQ because all they do is try to sell you their products and I didn't want to go through this again. Last month EX gave me a last EE I needed and now EQ gave one. 

In the last six months my scores went from 630s - 740s. This is the highest I was since my credit history began. I intend to keep these numbers up and never walk down that path again. When I started I knew it was going to long and slow process and it didn't bother me till last few months where I just wanted it gone, good thing work kept me busy enough.

Here are my latest scores, now my wait for Chase cards begins.

Screen Shot 09-01-16 at 12.05 PM.PNG

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuild complete, maintenance begins

Great job!
Message 2 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Thank you Sbrooks1. Feels like I got one less thing to worry about and now can move on to other things
Message 3 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I can not wait to know that feeling😍😍
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

I haven't really worked on my credit aggresively as most people do because I had no goals. I want good credit cards but never felt that I needed them so I lay low for a long time and then let SOL take care of things. Only in last 2 years have I actually applied for any credit cards and of course when a good card like CSR came around I was 5/24. So now I have to wait till Oct to even apply for it. But come Oct I will be one year in garden so that aging also helped my credit.

Today I was going to call EQ for last EE and this morning I decided to check something else when I found that EQ automatically removed it. I was dreading a call with EQ because all they do is try to sell you their products and I didn't want to go through this again. Last month EX gave me a last EE I needed and now EQ gave one. 

In the last six months my scores went from 630s - 740s. This is the highest I was since my credit history began. I intend to keep these numbers up and never walk down that path again. When I started I knew it was going to long and slow process and it didn't bother me till last few months where I just wanted it gone, good thing work kept me busy enough.

Here are my latest scores, now my wait for Chase cards begins.

Screen Shot 09-01-16 at 12.05 PM.PNG

Well done Darwin.

Hope to be there by next summer.  Only thing I want to happen is to get a couple more bank cards preferably with PenFed or NFCU so that I can close out my Barclay cards and secured Discover, but not sweatin it....Just chillin right now.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
driftless
Valued Contributor

Very Nice! Congratulations I look forward to seeing you around the Garden Club.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Good luck kay, I hope you get there sooner and we can all celebrate it
Message 7 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

When you get there you feel great too and I can't wait for you to feel that good :-)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.