Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild help and advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild help and advice.

Backwoods by "cuts off" does that mean statement cut date?
Message 41 of 47
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Your due date still matters on the card that reports a balance to the CRA. If my statement date is July 1 and my due date is July 25th for example and I have a "current balance" of $300 then I'm going to pay, for example, $250 by July 1. Now my statement is going to cut on July 1 with a $50 balance. Because I have a balance on my statement, I'm going to have a minimum payment due by July 25th. Now I'll pay the remaining $50 by the 25th in order to 1) not be late and 2) not pay interest. During the time between statement date and payment date I've been using the card again. I can either pay that amount with the $50 or just wait until just before the statement date (in case I have more charges). I typically pay my bill twice a month. Once you get the hang of this, it's really a lot easier than it sounds.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you medicgrrl! It's a lot clearer to me now. Called DiscoIt and Plat1 to get both my statement dates and due dates.

UPDATE: 6/18-6/20 My CK scores took a small hit due to the new Disco account opening as well as the Cap1 account.
My AAOA went from 6 years to 3 years and a couple months.
No HP showing up from Discover. Only Cap1 is showing a HP.
6/29- My CK scores have rebounded and are now even 628.
I still have a few more days until my next real check comes in. Wondering Ifgot lucky with a SP from Discover?

I need to do the 7 day trial from CCT.

Message 43 of 47
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Discover could have pulled EX in which Cade CK wouldn't show it.
Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

To keep my utilization lower I have one statement that come out on the 1st of the month and I have xxx days to pay.  I have another one that the statement comes out on the 15th of the month with payment due xx date. This way by watching what I charge to I can usually stay at 1% utilz. 

Message 45 of 47
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you medicgrrl! It's a lot clearer to me now. Called DiscoIt and Plat1 to get both my statement dates and due dates.

UPDATE: 6/18-6/20 My CK scores took a small hit due to the new Disco account opening as well as the Cap1 account.
My AAOA went from 6 years to 3 years and a couple months.
No HP showing up from Discover. Only Cap1 is showing a HP.
6/29- My CK scores have rebounded and are now even 628.
I still have a few more days until my next real check comes in. Wondering Ifgot lucky with a SP from Discover?

I need to do the 7 day trial from CCT.

CCT is well worth it. CK only gives you your Vantage scores and those are not used by major credit companies. I know that the gas company may pull it. Once you do the 7 day trial, call to cancel and tell them if the $29 is too expensive. They may counter at $14.99 per month and that's a bargain !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! I'd like to say thank you first and foremost to Cindy (moderator) for reopening the thread. I could not for the life of me remember the email I used when I signed up.

Also, medicgrrl ,backwoods, rmduhon THANK YOU for all the advice and help, there is another member that I also wanted to thank, just can't see their screenname atm.

So, here I am year later. I went ahead and increased my CL on the DiacoverIt card to $1,000 much easier to manage util%

with the higher balance. I see it as a small non interest bearing savings account being that I'll recieve the deposit back when/if my card graduates. 

My Cap1 PlatMC now has a CL of $2,600. Not to shabby coming from a SL of $500. I recieved a CI of $100 thru the credit steps program in Nov. '17. In Dec. '17  I took a chance at the love button and recieved a CI of $500. June '18 Hit the love button again and recieved a CI $1,500! 

I have been gardening since I opened these to CCs in June of last year. I wanted to open 1 more card as advised previously so I could do the 3 card Monty AZEO method. I just didn't know who to go with whenever it crossed my mind to consider opening another card. Well, I now know what type of card I am after. Definitely cash back rewards, No AF, for gas,groceries and utilities possibly. 

I run nearly 3,200 a month total on both cards during the billing cycle. Always PIF or make multiple payments before statement cut date.. iirc correctly I have only gone over 10% util once and that was 16%.

I have just had two baddies fall off in June as well. 

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.