Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild on Autopilot....

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Rebuild on Autopilot....

After a year of fixing my creidt, I can say its finally on auto pilot for what I can do.

Yesterday my Experian went up a couple points and today Equifax went up a couple.  I even had a Transunion increase by 4 points too the last couple days...and nothing major changed, just keeping everything steady.

This time last year my credit report looked like a bomb went off, but I took one bite at a time, never gave up.  At first I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and had to learn the tricks of the trade.  Now Iook back and realized how easy it was!!  Today a much much more clean report.

Two issues I am still having:

Transunion doesn't list my credit card as a credit card.  Experian and Equifax does.  How do I correct this with transunion.  This is why my TU score is lower then EQ and EX.  Would applying for a new card while shopping for a HELOC effect a HELOC approval?

Cap1 CO:  Its been over 2 years since the CO and I paid it in full.  I want this off for the DEROG, 2 letters to the CEO didnt work, 3rd may be the charm.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuild on Autopilot....

@MrTom wrote:

After a year of fixing my creidt, I can say its finally on auto pilot for what I can do.

Yesterday my Experian went up a couple points and today Equifax went up a couple.  I even had a Transunion increase by 4 points too the last couple days...and nothing major changed, just keeping everything steady.

This time last year my credit report looked like a bomb went off, but I took one bite at a time, never gave up.  At first I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and had to learn the tricks of the trade.  Now Iook back and realized how easy it was!!  Today a much much more clean report.

Two issues I am still having:

Transunion doesn't list my credit card as a credit card.  Experian and Equifax does.  How do I correct this with transunion.  This is why my TU score is lower then EQ and EX.  Would applying for a new card while shopping for a HELOC effect a HELOC approval?

Cap1 CO:  Its been over 2 years since the CO and I paid it in full.  I want this off for the DEROG, 2 letters to the CEO didnt work, 3rd may be the charm.

I dont understand what you mean that TU doesnt list a CC as a CC, what is it saying? If trying to get a HELOC I would not be obtaining other lines of credit. As far as the Cap-1 CO the older it is the better GW is usually easier to get from them in the 6th year of reporting all you can do its put them on a schedule of no more than once a month for a GW letter until you get what you want or it drops from age.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.