Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild success!!

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

Rebuild success!!

Hello,

Haven't been on here a lot.  However, I have been having success fixing my wifes credit.  I was able to get the following collections removed.  I spoke of Mid Land in the past but since then I have removed LVNV and Allied Collections.  Her score shot up to a 715 approx.  Was able to get her a Discover Card also.  I just got a USAA Discharge off of my Trans Union report and my score shot back up to 720 approx.  The discharge hasn't even been on there a whole year.  Still working on Experian and Equifax but I am confident I will get it removed from them also.

What I have learned is that you have to be persistant., especially with the collection agency.  I did not just dispute items on the credit file, I went after the collection agencies.  Right now I am working on my dad's credit to remove 3 collections from his file.  I know in a couple of days if I had any luck with them. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuild success!!

Congrats on your success.  That is awesome. Can you provide more details of how you got Midland removed from your credit reports?  They deleted their information from EQ but not Transunion or Experian. 

Message 2 of 8
KJT
Contributor

What was your approach with the collection companies to ge tthese items removed?

BK Filed 06/15 and D/C 09/15 Current FICO 8/9 Scores EQ 750/812 EX 722/742 TU 725/715 AMEX BCE $20K, Delta AMEX $10k, AMEX Everyday $5K, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Platinum NPSL, AMEX Marriott Bonvoy $9.3K, AMEX Hilton Aspire $9.3K, Apple Mastercard $9K, BOA Unlimited Custom Cash Visa $5K, BOA Travel Rewards Visa $5K, BBT Travel Reward Visa $7.5K, BBT Brightstar Visa $7.5K, Target $5k, Banana Republic $7k, CITI Custom Cash $3K, NFCU eSignature Visa $40k, NFCU CLOC $15k, NFCU AMEX Rewards $25k, NFCU Classic Visa Signature Flagship Reward $15k, Comendity NFL $25.4k, PayPal $10k, Capital 1 Wal-Mart $7k, Amazon Prime $10k, CITI-Double Cash $3k, PENFED Power Cash Reward 20k, PENFED AMEX $20K, PENFED Platinum $10k, PENFED Credit Union CLOC 1.5k, PENFED New Car Loan 6% APR 33k 72 MTHS-Paid Off, PENFED Signature Loan 19k 48 MTHS, Nordstrom 15K; Raymour $5.3, USAA AMEX Reward $14.5K, USSA Visa Reward $9.5K, Target $5K, Infiniti Q50 2019 $44K-1.9% APR 72 months-Paid Off. Total CC Limits $346K.
Message 3 of 8
airborne07
Valued Member

For Midland,  I had to go hit them up a couple times before they gave in.  I basically sent them a debt validation letter approx 3 times.  Each thime they responded they would just try to get me to settle for a certain amount.  I never settled and kept battleing them.  They could not provide me any proof that my wife had a contract with them.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success with DW credit! Nicely done!
Message 5 of 8
airborne07
Valued Member

For the collections agencies, you have to keep on them.  Say you have a collection on your report that you have not messed with.  Once you contact them you open the flood gates.  They send you a letter in regards to the debt, you send them a letter asking them to validate it which we all know they can't.  It might take you a couple times as they like to see how far you are willing to go.  However, if you get a letter from an agency that says they are collecting on the behalf of so and so, then you must reply asap.  As long as you are disputing they can't put it on your credit file.  I have battled 2 agencies for myself without the collections ever making it to my file.  They bascially just gave up and I never heard back from them.  I laugh at collection companies now.  

Message 6 of 8
airborne07
Valued Member

Thank muc!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.