cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

This time last year I was a total disaster. I couldn't even get a PREPAID Wal-Mart card. I'm not kidding. I tried 3 flipping times, and all 3 times they refused to activate the card and mailed me a check to return my money. This year, I can't get a Wal-Mart store card apparently, but I have several store cards, a secured cap1 card, an unsecured platinum on the way, a car loan, and a personal loan. All high interest, of course, but at least my foot is in the door!

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

My head was in the sand with 1 secured card in my hand from WFCU, and only because I needed the ability to rent a car every so often.

Had no idea what my scores/reports looked like but knew it was loaded with CO's and collections from 2009.

So incredibly much has been gleaned in the last 6 months from the members of this forum.  Total messages read shows 6,891.

That would make a good chorus for a song regarding credit building. I was in the same boat this time last year. I hired a financial planner who helped me navigate the waters and now, here I am. Hoping to soak up all the knowledge and garden until I just can't help myself! 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

this time last year my credit scores ranged from 485-545 and I had a credit one credit card with a 400 dollar limit. I started workig on my credit around december of last year and and today my credit scores are eq 630,tu 639 and ex 627. I still have about four collections on each credit report and and five charge offs that i am working on.  I now have a total of 15750 total in credit limit among four cards. this time next year i hope to be near 700

Message 23 of 29
padme
Established Contributor

Not sure about scores, but i had a Credit ONe card for $500, a secured Merrick Bank card for 200, and i just got a Barlclays Reward for $1300. And a long list of denials.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

My head was in the sand with 1 secured card in my hand from WFCU, and only because I needed the ability to rent a car every so often.

Had no idea what my scores/reports looked like but knew it was loaded with CO's and collections from 2009.

So incredibly much has been gleaned in the last 6 months from the members of this forum.  Total messages read shows 6,891.

Slacker.... I'm at 242204. Over 6K messages POSTED. Member since Sept 2014. Smiley Tongue

LOL.

Message 25 of 29
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

NormanFH wrote

Slacker.... I'm at 242204.

That averages out to 600-some messages per day.  How is that even possible...

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary right around the corner!

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I pretty much spend every waking moment here.... LOL - Can you say "obsessed"?

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This time last year I was at

100% utilization on my $500 limit Capital One card

100% utilitzation on my $1,120 limit Citibank card

5 inquiries

1 newly added collection

total CL was $1,720 with a $100 Macy's store card

Today its a different story and thanks to all the credit veterans that I have come along this far! I wish to get into the 700's club by the end of this year and 750's by end of next year. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 29
txbusted
Contributor

Lets see... this time last year is when I decided that I needed to really fix things. In the 400's across the board. I was in the middle of rehabing my studen loans that went into default and I had 1 secured card from Cap 1 with $300 limit. I had about 18 collections on my credit report. While mine isn't the swan song that everyone else can sing I am doing better. My loans have been rehabbed and in good standing. I only have 2 collections on my reports. My Cap 1 is now up to $500. I have a BOA secured that will graduate at the end of the year and I have a Comenity Account (Simply Be) for $250- I actually shop there. My credit scores (for the most part) are in the 600-610 range across the board. I know it is the late payments for the student loan default (12 tradelines w/ 11 missed payments) is what is keeping the scores down for now. 

My goal is to get to the 650 soon but for me it's just going to take time and showing that I can be a good girl. Oh and a car at the end of the year... my chevy is on its last leg. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.