Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding... 1 year later 11/2013

tag
Cubist
New Contributor

Rebuilding... 1 year later 11/2013

I started my credit building/ rebuilding one year ago today. I have accomplished my goals and then some! I don’t post too much, but I read here every day and have learned so much. I just wanted to thank you all for the great advice (even if it wasn’t given directly to me).

My credit report wasn’t too horrible since I never had too much credit extended to me. I was just pretty bad at paying bills when I was younger. I had a judgment from a landlord’s lawsuit, a handful collections and, and a couple of late payments. Nothing really positive to speak of other than a secured card from CapOne.

My credit sores ranged from 502 to 513 last year.

With good advice, persistence,  and smarter thinking about my credit, in one year I raised my score all up above 700, bought my first house, and have a few credit cards that will suit my needs and grow with me this year. I just wanted to say thanks to my fellow MyFicoers.

Hang in there. It seems like a daunting task to clean up an build credit, but the payoff in the end is huge and will serve you well!

VS- $500, BarclayCard - $1200, Lowes - $5000, Old Navy - $1400, CapOne - $200, Chase Freedom - $1200
Started My credit rebuilding 11/2012 (stating scores in the low/ mid-500s)
Current scores - EQ 690. TU 724, EQ 719
Closed on my first home 7/25/2013!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MyFico!
Gardening until 3/1/2014
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding... 1 year later 11/2013

Congrats thanks for the great advice and encouragement.
Samsung mobile
Message 2 of 7
Mikielf

Congrats. I've been rebuilding for 7 months. It's nice to see success stories. Keep up the good work.
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing your success and for that I say BRAVO

It will surely empower someone to know that it can be done

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

That's a great success story. Sharing it will surely encourage people who are just beginning their credit clean ups and even more those who've started and feel stuck! Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Congratulations, that is wonderful to hear.  I am hoping I will have the same success that you have had after a year.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 6 of 7
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Holy cow.  Congratulations.

I'm hoping to share a similar story this time next year.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.