Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding 7 months post discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding 7 months post discharge

Hi all, my first post here and wish i would have found this sooner.  I'm looking to refinance our car that is currently financed with First Investors at 17.49%.  i feel like i was dooped when it was purchased in a few ways but i will count it up as a live and learn.

BK 7 discharged 8/3/2016

current fico 8 scores are EX 627  EQ 617  TU 593

limit                balance

current credit cards are, CAP 1 Venture 2000                1450                             Naviet Student loan consolidated and on time sinch 10/16

CRED 1 Visa    750                      0                                 First Investors since paid on time since 6/16

CRED 1 MC     500                      0                                 Lake View Fianancial ( used to repair my pickup) paid off 2/17

TIRERAMA      1000                    0

J-CREW            250                      0

VS                      250                      0

i joined NFCU in January and was turned down for the NRewards card due to utilization and too many recent inquries.  i have got my utilzation down and it will continue to go down. so as said i want to REFI our car to a better rate and looking for advice. thanks all

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding 7 months post discharge

Paying off that Venture will help raise your scores and improve your chances for approval.  Have you tried the cap one auto prequal?  It's a soft pull and you can see what they would offer you.  Otherwise you can shop around for better rates.  You can do an app for NFCU, but they might still decline.  Might help you to do a share secure loan or secured cc with them for 6 months to help build some history, pay off your venture, and you will probably have much better odds of approval and lower interest rate.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding 7 months post discharge

thanks for the advice.

i will continue to pay downt the cap 1 card and look to nfcu in possibly may. 

any other advice is welcome

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.