Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Advice and Guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Advice and Guidance

@Anonymous wrote:
It's tough to have to wait five days for a payroll check to clear after doing a mobile deposit .

Another question- When I send out a PFD letter will I get something back saying whether or not they will accept my request and by what date I need to pay them or do Insend the letter, wait about a week and then pay them?

Re: CUs - I'd maybe look into some of the online credit unions that are popular and call them to find out their policies on chex. I'm a member with DCU and they've been pretty good, also NFCU has been awesome (even though their nearest branch is 1.5 hours away). I've done direct deposit and mobile deposits with both of them and mobile deposit checks get deposited almost immediately most times. Unify FCU also has some pretty good products.

Re: PFD - Yes, they should respond to you either by agreeing to Pay for Delete, or they may try to say "no we dont do that", or send you docs showing that the debt is valid. The thing about my example letter is that it won't cause you to admit the debt is yours, so nothing will change if they do not accept it. Just DO NOT sign any documents that you send to Collectors or Credit Reporting Agencies.

Do not pay anything until you recieve a response from them. If they accept the PFD, the original terms in my example say you would pay within 15 days of receiving their response. Of course you could modify this to whatever works for you. If they deny, then you could just pay them anyway and then ask /write letters for a goodwill delete of the account after it's paid (once it's become a "paid collection" on your report) + you can continue disputing it with the creditor reporting agencies

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Advice and Guidance

Therbro, advocating the disputing of valid collections is a violation of T.O.S. here. We only dispute items that have a valid reason to be disputed.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.