Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Advice needed

I have recently tried getting out of a bad credit mess I made. My current scored are Eq 550, TU 562 and Ex 537. Thos recently went up from just below 500 when I opened a cap one secured card with a $300 deposit. I have an auto loan with some late payments but have recently caught that up which hasn't reported to y credit as now current yet and made my cap one payment which also hasn't reported yet. Useage is reporting as 25% but that will go down since I paid the card down to just $10. I have 3 colections. 1 old cap one which is showing only a year old from midland crdit for around $300. A Kevin Jewelers for$133 which has also been and another for astra reovery services for $315. I tried to get credit one through their pre approval tool and that did not ocme up with anything and fingerhut preapproved me then when I applied declined me. What does everyone recomend? I want to be in the 600s as soon as possible and be able to get a decent regular credit card. Should I pay off the charge offs? Will that help? Should I get another maybe secured card or just wait a few months and pay the cap one on time and see if my scores improve? I do have 6 inquiries on there as well.  Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.