Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Again...

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding Again...

Last year I was finally up over 700 on all my reports after spending many years in the dumps after a bad relationship in which I was young and naive. Was able to get prime cards with good limits (more than my sig shows!). Then I unfortunately went overboard... and then I hit a rough patch and maxed all my cards. I was paying on time until I hit another rough patch in April. My cards are all maxed or over the limit. A few are 60, almost 90 days late. I start a new corporate job on July 10th and will be getting paid every 2 weeks- a steady income! Currently I am a self employed single mom, so when things are rough, I don't have steady income to rely on. 

That said, my scores are currently hovering around 500 with the maxed limits and late payments. I know I will need to snowball once my paychecks start coming in to tackle this debt, but obviously will need to get everything current first. How can I keep myself afloat in regards to my creditors until my first paycheck comes? I already resell items for a living, so suggesting I sell anything and everything is already being done, things just aren't selling. I will be having a yard sale next Saturday as well. 

Basically, do I answer their phone calls even though I have literally no money to pay? If I do, what do I say? Literally, my bank account is in the negative $200 due to NSF fees. I am super stressed about this whole thing and I feel totally dumb because I KNOW better! 

Thanks in advance :-) 

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Again...

Sorry you've had such a rough time, but looks like you have some relief coming and a future plan in place.

Yes, I'd answer the phone calls. They will just keep calling. You have a plan and your creditors may be able to help with it. Be honest with what you can't and can do. Some may be able to help, others may not. Better lenders seem to be more willing to help you find solutions
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.