Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit After Foreclosure Question

tag
Vadeem

Rebuilding Credit After Foreclosure Question

Hello,

My fico score from experion is around 665. The only thing on it is in relation to a foreclousure but it does not look like it is reported that way on my credit. I'm wondering what it means and if there is anything I can/should do other than wait out the seven years? 

Here are the details:

I purchased the home in the Los Angeles Area (San Bernardino County ) with no money down in October 2006 for $270,000. There was an unsecured second (20%). The paperwork was processed through Stewart Title. I put about $7,000 into cosmetic remodel work. 

I made payments on time until 2009. In 2009 I entered loan modification negotiations with First Franklin who I understood to be the lender at the time. After a lot of back and forth they agreed to a modification but when I received the papers the modified monthly payment was higher than the one I was paying at the time. Sometime during this process I moved out.

A notice was put on the door that the house was going to auction. I was able to verify with the county that the auction was scheduled and the county website listed the auction sucessful with a qualifying bid (doing this part from memory I don't have any paperwork (I don't think).

I never heard anything else about the property. I did drive by once and there was a lock box on the door. Eventually the property showed signs of a resident (planters, no weeds, curtains, etc.)

I never heard from First Franklin.

My current credit reports like this:

Negative Items (3):

Bank of America Mortgage June 2011 Status: Making regular payments under wage earner or similar agreement. High Balance: $216,000 Past Due: $36,912 Balance $214,958.

Carrington: Mortgage July 2011 Status: Charged off to bad debt High Balance $54,000 Past Due $12,031 Balance $65,500.

Carrington: Collection 8/1/2011 Status: In collection. High Balance $55,000 Past Due: ------- Balance $75,371

Note: I was sent paperwork to be included in the National Mortage Settlement (against BoA I presume).

The negative reports don't appear to be foreclosures but collections and/or late notices. I've never had contact with BoA or Carringtion.

Is there anything I can or should be doing? Again these are the only negative items on my credit.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.