Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit For First Time

tag
HeloSparky
New Visitor

Rebuilding Credit For First Time

I've been browsing and researching for the last couple weeks and finally am ready tomake a post, and begin to  work on my credit. I could really use some advice on how to properly handle everything.All the  debts are valid, so I  feel as if I should pay them but want to go about it in a way that I can save the most money and maxmize my credit.

Adverse Accounts:

Capital One, opened 01/2009, first reported 02/2009 - charged off,  notes: Sold to Portfolio Recovery Associate -- $1976

ATT(bay area credit), opened 11/2013, first reported 01/2014,in collections,---$321

MCCC(conserve), opened 11/2012, first reported 12/2012 - in collection - - $818

progessive(credit collction), collection 01/14---$138

Sprint (convergent outsourcing) 07/2011 - in collection - $264 notes: first reported 01/2014

ATT(enhanced recovery) - in collection - $91 notes: Placed for collection 10/2013

verizon - - first reported 07/2012---$528

Direct TV(diversified consultnts)-in collections-$202

I then have a few satisfactory accounts:

Credit Acceptance(old car loan)-CLosed

Great southern Bank-opened 01/2014,current balance $18,735

US Dept of Edu-opened 02/2012  

Then a bunch of inquiries.I also finally got approved for a US Bank aeromexico secured card.

I really want to get the stuff that is in collections taken care of. I'd like to pay a percentage, or full with a PFD, or just in general want to help improve my credit as I have a goal of buying a house in the next couple years.

I know this is a ton of info, I would greatly appreciate any/all advice.

Should I offer to settle/PFD on any that anyone has experience working with and can give advice?

Please let me know if you need any info or if I posted anything inapproriate or wrong.

Thanks, Jess

Thx,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding Credit For First Time

@HeloSparky wrote:

I've been browsing and researching for the last couple weeks and finally am ready tomake a post, and begin to  work on my credit. I could really use some advice on how to properly handle everything.All the  debts are valid, so I  feel as if I should pay them but want to go about it in a way that I can save the most money and maxmize my credit.

Adverse Accounts:

Capital One, opened 01/2009, first reported 02/2009 - charged off,  notes: Sold to Portfolio Recovery Associate -- $1976 This must be reporting a current 0 balance due since they sold the debt to PRA. You will have to write GW letters to Cap-1 asking that this be removed, I would start these 2 years prior to the date it will be removed from your CRs, CRTP is 7.5 yrs from the DOFD max. Cap-1 is pretty tough so its going to take a while to get the deletion but dont give up, send the GWs once a month till you get what you want or it just drops due to age limits..

ATT(bay area credit), opened 11/2013, first reported 01/2014,in collections,---$321 DV the CA and if it comes back validated and remains on your reports you should then call the exec office of ATT, ask that the CA be recalled in exchange for immediate PIF to them, if they refuse then you can start PFD offers to the CA, since its within states SOL I would offer in full only as they could just sue to collect it all. You do need to look up your states SOL this is something separate than the time allowed to report a bad debt, each state sets time limits on being able to sue to collect a debt, and the limits are different for diffrent types of debt.

MCCC(conserve), opened 11/2012, first reported 12/2012 - in collection - - $818 If this is a CA, DV them and if it validates use same procedure as stated on the ATT account above. If this is the OC try PFD.

progessive(credit collction), collection 01/14---$138 Same as with first ATT account if you know the OC

Sprint (convergent outsourcing) 07/2011 - in collection - $264 notes: first reported 01/2014 Same with above ATT account

ATT(enhanced recovery) - in collection - $91 notes: Placed for collection 10/2013 Same with above ATT account

verizon - - first reported 07/2012---$528 If this is with the OC, call them for PFD, otherwise same as with first att account.

Direct TV(diversified consultnts)-in collections-$202 Same as wil first ATT account.

I then have a few satisfactory accounts:

Credit Acceptance(old car loan)-CLosed

Great southern Bank-opened 01/2014,current balance $18,735

US Dept of Edu-opened 02/2012  

Then a bunch of inquiries.I also finally got approved for a US Bank aeromexico secured card.

I really want to get the stuff that is in collections taken care of. I'd like to pay a percentage, or full with a PFD, or just in general want to help improve my credit as I have a goal of buying a house in the next couple years.

I know this is a ton of info, I would greatly appreciate any/all advice.

Should I offer to settle/PFD on any that anyone has experience working with and can give advice?

Please let me know if you need any info or if I posted anything inapproriate or wrong.

Thanks, Jess

Thx,

You only contact these CAs & OCs as you have the funds available to settle it immediately since they are within most states SOL. I would immediately go after a 2nd secured card to help start your rebuild, you can check with local CUs or try State Dept FCU, its a SP to join and if you put the funds in savings and then CALL them to open the secured card it is another SP. CUs are more forgiving than banks to someone with credit problems, especially recent ones. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Is it credit collection services? If so, they do pay for deletes. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 4
AAG1903
Established Member

Curious to see if you had any luck with Bay area credit for ATT?  I have one of those on my report, just wanted to see if I could get advice on dealing with them.  TIA

CK starting score 514, goal 600 in 6 months or less
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.