Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit Suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Credit Suggestions

I wanted to see if I could get some suggestions to help rebuild my ccredit. 

Background/History:

2011: Chapter 13

2012: "Converted" Chapter 13 ro Chapter 7

2013: Filed for Chapter 7 in another state

2014: Chapter 7 Discharged

2014: Purchased a New car and financed through GM Financial (on-time payments reporting)

2015: Tax Return taken by student loans (ECMC) All of the other student loans were in Forbearance, ECMC claimed they never got the paperwork and denied my apeal to get my refund back. I certainly never got any paperwork from them and the only way I found out about them was the number provided on tax return letter.

2015: Went in Student Loan Rehabilitation

2016 (Feb): Completed Loan Rehabilitation. STILL waiting on ECMC to update my records and "sell" my loan to another company. I need to consolidate my loans and cant do it until ECMC sells and update my records as no longer being in Default.

2016 (Jan): Obtained a Capital Secured CC $49 deposit with $200 credit limit. Already have two statements and have pain both in full.

2016 (Feb): Obtained a Secured US Bank CC $300 credit limit. Have only had one statement and pain in full.

I would like a third CC with a $500 or less credit limit. I tried SDFCU however, I may not be able to get an account there since there are accounts showing up with small balances on chexsystem, but those accounts were included in my BK so Im not sure why the entire balance were not included and the banks reporting me to checksystem. Currently disputing. 

I have an account at Suntrust, they declined a secured credit card. I also have a Checking & Savings at Capital One, and a Checking & Savings at US Bank. Lastly, I have a Savings account at a local credit union. I inquired about the Secured CC at the CU but they want the secured amount plus 15% to open an account. So they would want $575 to have a $500 credit llimit. They do not graduate to an unsecured card. I would have to apply for that card and I was told that until my credit score wasnt in the early to mid 600's I wouldnt qualifiy. 

With all of this my credit score is still in the low 400's. Goal to be in the mid 600's the end of 2017. I would like to purchase a house and have three unsecured credit cards, and my car loan half way paid off.

Any suggestions? Please and thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Credit Suggestions

Do you have any currently delinquent accounts?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Credit Suggestions

Yes. Six (6). They are the student loans with ECMC. They have different accounts with various amounts and all showing defaulted.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.