Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Deja Vu

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Deja Vu

@AFreshStart wrote:

Ive had my scores update this week: EQ increased by ten points, TU increased by 13 points, and EX increased by 54 points. Im very excited to see what month two has in store.

Awesome, congratulations!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Isn't it funny how there can be such a major score difference between bureaus? I've got almost a 60 point difference between Experian and TransUnion but they're reporting the exact same information. 

TransUnion seems to hate me for some reason! Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 17
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

I just got an alert saying my Experian score dropped 7 points. I go to check why and it says a new account was reported, my Cap One card. I was given a different report date by a CSR and now Im looking at 51% uti instead of the  0% that should be reflected. Perhaps she didnt understand my question fully, I dont know.

However, now what do I allow to report for the other two cards? If Discover, and VS report 0% next week, am I going to get dinged when Cap One reports again? If I do 8% now on discover Im going to get hit twice right, cause of the current Cap One uti reporting? Do I need to change statement dates? Im really confused now.

Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AFreshStart wrote:

I just got an alert saying my Experian score dropped 7 points. I go to check why and it says a new account was reported, my Cap One card. I was given a different report date by a CSR and now Im looking at 51% uti instead of the  0% that should be reflected. Perhaps she didnt understand my question fully, I dont know.

However, now what do I allow to report for the other two cards? If Discover, and VS report 0% next week, am I going to get dinged when Cap One reports again? If I do 8% now on discover Im going to get hit twice right, cause of the current Cap One uti reporting? Do I need to change statement dates? Im really confused now.

The ding will go away next statement.  Now that you know the statement date, you just pay it down to the proper amount before the next statement.

Don't change any dates.  Pay the other cards to $0.  Pay Capital One to $3 up to 8% before the NEXT statement cuts.

Message 14 of 17
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much. Ive been watching my reports closely and keeping things in line. I just wanted to be sure the next move would not make this hit even worse.

Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 15 of 17
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Another question: Victoria Secret is not being counted as a bankcard by Transunion. Does anyone know if this is also the case for the other two CBs? Will I need an addtional bank card for maximum scoring?

Message 16 of 17
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

STORE CARD:

I didnt realize that VS doesnt create a statement or report to the three CB's if your balance is zero. I bought an item in December, it posted I paid it down to zero but no update. VS normally reports the 9th of each month. So I am worried that this has thrown a wrench in the AZEO method, as the $15 dollar balance from last statement is still showing. So Ive paid down the $6 on my Cap 1 just in case, so that the except one will be VS now. 

I love VS but Im a not an avid shopper. Defintely wish I had read more about store cards before applying the SCT and feeling forced to make a purchase to generate scoring. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.