cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding/Fixing Credit a couple of questions help please?

tag
jyd4u

Rebuilding/Fixing Credit a couple of questions help please?

Ok so I am looking to buy a house early 2014 if I can.  I need to raise my credit scores as much as possible.

Experian- 649

Equifax- 575

Transunion- 591

I did a BK that was discharged on 1/5/09

After the BK I was an idiot, I thought i will never have credit again, or at least for seven years so I took it too lightly. 

I have 2 auto loans One has 2 30 day lates in 2012, just sent them a goodwill letter.

2 credit cards one is quicksilver 1000/987 and the other capital one 750/545 I realize the utilization is killing me but how much do you figure my score could go up with getting these below 30% 

In addition Equifax is not reporting on one auto loan and on one credit card.  IS there anyway to get them to report?

Equifax has the following issues:

1.  Midland Funding/Verizon wireless.  I made a payment and they agreed to mark it as paid in full and remove it.  I got this removed from the other 2 but equifax not yet, so how should i hit these guys? 

2. Child support-  Had it removed from other two equifax still hasn't removed it. ?  any tips?

3. Enhanced Recovery/Dish network just showed up on equifax and TU, I believe the account is from 2010 but just showed up on Credit Report 8/13.  Called a week ago and paid it they agreed to note it as paid in full but said they wouldn't remove it.  How can i get this removed? Validation?

On all 3 reports i have Credit one bank.  2011/2012 they closed it and report it as bought by another lender meaning collection which was LNLV funding.  So i paid them agreed paid in full and had it removed from all credit reports.  Problem is i paid this in full through the CA but credit one is still listing it as bought by another lender.  Its got all sorts of lates and I want the whole thing removed, how should i do this one?  Validation?  On top of that when i got the card i signed up for payment protection got laid off and they said i didn't qualify because i was laid off to close to opening the card?

I also have a Fraud alert on my credit reports, how should i go about getting this removed?  Can I or why would it show up to begin with?

ANy help would be appreciated, I read phsycdocs deal and got a lot out of it but still have a few questions.  If i can get half of these removed/ collection or late pays and get my utilization how much will my score raise a guestimate?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jyd4u

Re: Rebuilding/Fixing Credit a couple of questions help please?

Any thoughts?
Message 2 of 4
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Welcome!   

First, get one CC to show a $0 balance.  Keep it there.  Second, get your other CC to report less then 9%.  So for your Quicksilver card, let it report $90.00 or less. 

How long ago did Midland/Verizon delete from the others? I would call them up and just let them know that it is still not deleted from Equifax.  

How long ago did you have the Child Support removed?  Maybe EQ is really slow for your file.  

Send a GW to Enhanced and ask them to remove it.  They got their money and thats all they care about.  Keep sending GWs to have it removed.  

Write a GW to Credit One to have them remove it. I've never dealt with them but have heard of people on here getting them removed.   

The Fraud alert comes up if you dispute many items or the CRA thinks somethings up.  Call up the 3 CRAs and ask them to remove it. Simple.   

Best of luck!

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 3 of 4
jyd4u

Hey thanks I appreciate it.  Working on get those credit cards down now.  Child support and midland were both removed about 4-5 months ago.  Sent GW email to enhanced, and an email to credit one asking for removal. 

I will call and ask them to remove the fraud alert.  IT is just frusterating, and I making postive moves, just hard to be patient.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.