Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding = Happiness

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding = Happiness

When I started rebuilding my credit in July of 2014 I had scores in the  mid 500's, which was up from the 490 I had in November 2013 when I had to purchase a new car (former car was totaled out 3 months from being paid in full!). I've made on time payments since November 2013 and have seen my scores go up and down and I've disputed and learned the rebuilding process. The only credit card I had was a Capital One Platinum card with a $300 credit line. Used it and paid down each month and have built my available credit on that card up to $3750. Pulled the shopping cart trick on the Victoria's Secret webste (without knowing) and have recieved one increase since then to $550. Yesterday I went on an app spree just to see what happened because my FICO scores were 648 EX 651 Tran 632 Exp. To my suprise I applied and was approved for a US Bank Platinum card with a 2k limit. Tried my luck again and was approved for a USAA Mastercard $1k approval, Captial One Venture Card 5k, Upgraded my Capital One Platinum to Quicksilver w/rewards and today tried my luck again with Chase...was just approved w/4.5k limit. I am beyond satisfied. My plan is to have a small monthly bill on each card with auto payment from my checking account. Hoping this will help build my credit limits when I request an increase in 6 months. Back to garden for me! Goal is to have a 700+ credit score and new mortgage with low interest rate by the end of 2015. I am obsessed with reading this website and couldn't have done the rebuilding I have without it!  I also failed to mention that in July i signed up to work with a credit repair company and quickly realized I made the wrong decision they made things worse for me and my relationships with my creditors. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding = Happiness

Looks like you are doing a great job!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I know exactly what you mean.  It's actually kind of addictive (but in a good way!).  Congrats on your hard work so far!  Smiley Wink

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Your hard work has paid off you should be proud.
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.