Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Help

I am looking at rebuilding my credit and attempting to get it to around a 650 ASAP.  I have one collection account open (verizon) have recently paid off a collection account.  All the rest of my accounts save for one show on time payments throughout their history.  I have recently gw'ed that one and gotten them to agree to remove the three late payments on the account.  I have paid down my utilization although that hasn't posted.  How do I get myself to a 650 soon? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Help

What is your utilization currently reporting at?

When I paid mine down to 8% from 40% reporting I got almost a 30 point jump across all 3 CRA's

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

83% but I recently made a payment that should bump it down to 72%.  I should be able to make another payment later this month to drop it to 60% or lower.

Message 3 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

If you can bring them down to 30 or less

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I am working on that Ojefferyo and I think I can do it in 3 months, but I am hoping for something slightly more immediate.  I am not sure, I might even be there once the next statement comes out.  Also, how long should it take a Cap 1 good will to show up?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, with a utilization rate that high, getting it down to 10% or less would likely give you a good 20 point bump or more. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.