Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding...I think it's going well?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding...I think it's going well?

Long time lurker, just felt like sharing.

My credit took a really bad hit while I was married and subsequently divorced, my ex maxed my cards and didn't help pay, I also had other baddies.  I hid my head in the sand and accepted that I would never have good credit.

My boyfriend now was nice enough to cosign for my car loan, even though it was risky for him; after 2 years of never missing a payment I decided that it was time to tackle my credit and I got my FICO scores...average of 614, not terrible but not great, the car loan helped me.

I started in November 2015 with a $300 limit CO QS1 and a $500 Platinum.

Today I have the QS1 at $1300 and I PC'd the Platinum to QS with a $1500 limit.

I did a mini app spree this month after cleaning up my CR a little and got all approvals for:

-Venture one                 $7,500 CL

-Victoria's Secret SCT $500 CL

-Chase Freedom          $2,500 CL

-Discover IT                   $4,500 CL

Eventually I will combine the QS1 and Venture one into one QS with good limit and just have 3 main cards and a store card.  I was a little surpised since I thought Chase and Discover are not easy to get with and they did instant approvals.

My FICO scores now stand: EQ: 731 TU: 698 EX: 676.  I'm off to the garden now. My short term goal is 700 across the board.  I also have two paid collections, I paid them before I knew about PFD Smiley Sad could they ever do a GW adjustment after the fact?

Is this good progress? Any suggestions on how best to manage what I have? I'm open to any tips and suggestions...thank you so much, I've learned a lot reading the forums!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding...I think it's going well?

Sounds like great progress to me! If it were me I would garden for a while. I'm having the same issue and question. "Is it time to Garden?"
Message 2 of 7
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Long time lurker, just felt like sharing.

My credit took a really bad hit while I was married and subsequently divorced, my ex maxed my cards and didn't help pay, I also had other baddies.  I hid my head in the sand and accepted that I would never have good credit.

My boyfriend now was nice enough to cosign for my car loan, even though it was risky for him; after 2 years of never missing a payment I decided that it was time to tackle my credit and I got my FICO scores...average of 614, not terrible but not great, the car loan helped me.

I started in November 2015 with a $300 limit CO QS1 and a $500 Platinum.

Today I have the QS1 at $1300 and I PC'd the Platinum to QS with a $1500 limit.

I did a mini app spree this month after cleaning up my CR a little and got all approvals for:

-Venture one                 $7,500 CL

-Victoria's Secret SCT $500 CL

-Chase Freedom          $2,500 CL

-Discover IT                   $4,500 CL

Eventually I will combine the QS1 and Venture one into one QS with good limit and just have 3 main cards and a store card.  I was a little surpised since I thought Chase and Discover are not easy to get with and they did instant approvals.

My FICO scores now stand: EQ: 731 TU: 698 EX: 676.  I'm off to the garden now. My short term goal is 700 across the board.  I also have two paid collections, I paid them before I knew about PFD Smiley Sad could they ever do a GW adjustment after the fact?

Is this good progress? Any suggestions on how best to manage what I have? I'm open to any tips and suggestions...thank you so much, I've learned a lot reading the forums!!!

who are the collections with and from how long ago?  Both are paid in full? 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job on the rebuilding!  For the paid off collections you can attempt to get them removed by a GW letter, but ymmv.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are my collections:

Feb 01, 2013
Account Details
Last Reported Mar 06, 2014
Collection Agency COLLECTION
Original Creditor COLLECTION
Status Closed
Opened Date Feb 01, 2013
Closed Date --
Responsibility Individual
Balance $0
High Balance $239
Remarks Paid collection

COLLECTION
Oct 30, 2012
Account Details
Last Reported Apr 13, 2016
Collection Agency COLLECTION
Original Creditor COLLECTION
Status Closed
Opened Date Oct 30, 2012
Closed Date --
Responsibility Individual
Balance $0
High Balance $370
Remarks Paid collection

They are paid in full
Message 5 of 7
traveler2005
Established Contributor

What collection agencies are they with? Just trying to see if by chance they are with ones that will good will.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peter Roberts & Associates...they were medical collections
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.