Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Journey, DV or 623

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Journey, DV or 623

Greetings Everyone and Happy New Year,

I have been struggling to rebuild my credit after it went down due to my ill-information. 

I have recently graduated from a four year school with a $25000 Edu Loan. These loans are divided into two segments, where DofEdu holds $18000 while my school holds rest and serviced through UAS. These loans are under deferment untill Jan 2016. I do have Cap One with 300 CL. I try to stay at 10-12% Utilization. As of now I have Eq 592, Exp 571, TranU 618.

My credit file has few baddies as I have already taken care of some. Here is the newoutlook,

Equifax                     Expe                         TransU               DofD

Southwest Credit Magt      Deleted                  $1027                            Deleted            Aug 2017

National Credit Sys             $3040                     $3040                         Deleted            Sept 2016

Midland Cre Magt               Deleted                  $1086                         Deledted             Aug 2017

Verizon Wireless                 $112.34                 $112.34                      $112.34             July 2019

Explanation;

National Credit Sys is reporting this debt from my previous landlord. Neither I owed anything to them nor they ever obtained a court judgement for any amount. They never refunded my security deposit and pet deposit. I am not sure I should do this DV or 623. I have already disputed with CRA but it came back from CA as "Remains".

SouthWest Credit Mgmt is a CA for comcast that do not recall having service with them. I was always current with them when I did have them in 2005. I am not sure how to tackle this. 

Midland Credit Mgmt is a CA for T-Mobile. I had no knowledge of this until I called the T-Mobile and asked them about this account. I belive one of my roommate had this done but He has been deported since 2011. I am not sure how to proceed with this here as well. I have disputed that it does not belong to me through CRA and I have recently recieved a letter from Midland asking to contact them so they can figure out this. I am not in position to pay any amount. on this.

Verizon Wireless is the last one with $112.34 in collection. It was an identity theft result. I called their Executive Office and spoke to someone name Jason. I tried to PFD but he was not willing to do it. I am currently a Verizon Customer with multiple line in good standing. Their fraud DepT concluds this as mine so far. They say it has been placed with CA called MRS. Please advice what should I do with this.

I have thought about Police Report but how can I file a police report if the person responsible for all this is not even here anymore. I just dont know where to start and what to do. Please help!

Any help and guidence is much needed!

P.S; I will attach 623  and DV  for your reviews.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Journey, DV or 623

If you have filed a dispute with the CRA, then a direct dispute can be dismissed without investigation unless you provide new information not prevsiously submitted.

Do you have new information not submitted with your CRA dispute?

As for sending a DV, when did you receive dunning notice?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If you have filed a dispute with the CRA, then a direct dispute can be dismissed without investigation unless you provide new information not prevsiously submitted.

Do you have new information not submitted with your CRA dispute?

As for sending a DV, when did you receive dunning notice?

I did not dispute the National Credit Sys based upon this detailed info and copies of lease. So I am going to add that now to CA.

As far as Southwest Credit Mgmt,I can file police report tat I have previously talked about. In Connecticut, some time getting Police Report is harder.

With respect to Midland and Verizon Wireless, that will do just fine I belive.

Now back you your question, I have never recieved a letter from National Credit Sys regarding this $3040 debt. What you suggest, I should do in regards to DV or 623?

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A DV would be timely if they never sent a dunning notice.

If you send a DV, that will require them to cease collection activities until they first provide validation of the debt.

It will not require response within any set period of time, so you will be in limbo.  The cease collection bar will also cut off any ability of them to negaotiate a settlement of the debt until they have first validated.

The advantage of a DV is that you have no requirement to substantiate any inaccuracy.  You need only request validation.

If you send a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), you have the burden of providing an assertion of an actual inaccuring their credit reporting, and some documentation to support that assertion.  You cannot simply state that you dispute.

A dispute, unlike a DV request, does set a period for mandatory response.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Credit Sys actually never attempted to collect this debt besides simply reporting to my Credit File. Because I was going to add portion of Court session document, copy of my lease showing that I had moved out prior to the court proceedings. I will refer to the document submitted by the OC that they are evicting me because of the non-pay of rent for Nov. As I have mentioned before, prior landlord collected this amount and dispute originated from me asking them to apply the funds I have already deposited with the prior landlord. Because the lease was assigned over to this OC , all deposits had also been transferred.
Please note that I did not owe any back rents and there was no property damage, but statutorily, in CT, you need a seperate judgement to collect back rents and property damages.
Do you believe such documentation satisfy the direct dispute and is winnable? I have written the DIRECT Dispute and will be uploading for your review. I am new and did not know how to upload pdf or word file.
Please know, I am very grateful for your effort and guidance!
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That would certainly be adequate documentation to at lease compel an investigation and notice of results on your dispute.

As to whetther it will convince them that their reporting is inaccurate, that is up to them.

A furnisher is not required, in response to a dispute, to document or prove their determination.  You may simply get a statement of verification, which confirms that they have conducted a reasonable investigation, and that the resutls of their investigation supports their finding of accuracy.

If you disagree, you would need to follow thru with a civil action in order to require discovery of all documentation and obtain a binding legal decision.

You wont get that via a dispute procedure under the FCRA.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help figure this out! In what cases do we use DV and in what case we recommend Direct Dispute?
I am also working on removing southwest credit and Midland. But I have a fear that it might trigger them to report back to all three. As of now it is only on one.
I have two questions regarding these CO.
1- do you think removing all CO from credit file could lower the score. Knowing that I have few positive Acc such as Edu loans and CC.
2- since EXPERIAN is the one with most baddies, how instrumental is the EXP in everyday things especially in the Northeast?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.