Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Journey

tag
Kikimin
New Contributor

Rebuilding Journey

Decided to write this post so I can keep track of my progress.  At 18 years old I applied for a few cc and not knowing anything about credit I crashed and burned very quickly.  I didn't touch or think about credit for several years after that.  The next time I thought about credit I was 23 years old and started establishing some postive history.  Did well there for a few years until I lost my job and had to relocate to find a new job.  My credit went from average to abysmal in seconds.  Now that I am back to a sound financial place I have decided to get my credit back on track and keep it there.  I have spent hours upon hours on this site researching and learning.  I came up with a game plan and went to work!!  When I pulled my credit report it wasn't great but not as bad as I thought and have made repairing this damage my second job.  I have made some progess and am determined to get myself in the high 600's across the board by the end of the year.  Below is a list of my positives and negatives items and what I have done with it.  If anyone has any suggestings please feel free to chime in!!!

POSTIVES:

First Premier $300 SL Opened 12/2015

Credit One $300 SL Opened 12/2015

Total Visa $300 SL Opened 11/2015

Great Lakes Student Loan $13,822 in forbearance never late

Capital One Secured $250SL Opened 3/2016 Not yet reporting

Finger Hut Advantage $300SL Opened 3/2016 Not Yet Reporting

NEGATIVES:

Mutual Management Services $6699 Closed, Paid.  Emailed GW ltr on 4/4/16

Credit Collections $1211 In dispute with TU as it is not mine and only on TU still Pending

Portfolio Recovery Assoc $529 Sent Dispute 3/2016 

First Collection Services $257 DOFD 7/2015 Will pay OC

First Federal Collections $251 DOFD 9/2010

State of Maryland CCU $3632 Falls off 5/2016 E.E. granted TU and EX pending with EQ

ERC $171 Deleted 3/2016

ERC $524 Deleted 3/2016

Stellar Recovery $171 Deleted 4/2016

Now my main goal right now is to get approved for the Cap One Plat and QS1(will apply 4/2016) and to close Credit One and First Premier.  I only opened these accounts to establish postive credit.  My uti is at 48% which I know is high but I was unaware I needed to have the bal paid down before the statement cut date.  Have learned my lesson and my cards will all be reporting a 0 bal except for cap one which will be reporting a bal of $10 (4%) this month.  And that is all of it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Current FICO8: EQ 544 TU 586 EX 599

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kikimin
New Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Journey

I'm making progress which feels great!  

Question about one baddie:

As stated in my original post I sent PRA a DV on 3/2016.  They have updated all CRA's with a dispute comment however I have not received Validation.  I have seen so many different ways to handle this so decided to ask directly.  Should I send PRA a follow up letter stating they are in violation of FCRA or dispute with the CRA's as a non validated debt to remove and provide copies of return receipt and orginal letter.  DV sent CMRR within 30 days of initial contact.  Received one call reg the debt after they received DV.

Thanks for the help!

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.