Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Log 2015 : MsCharming path to 700

tag
MzCharming
New Contributor

Rebuilding Log 2015 : MsCharming path to 700

Hello Forums: 

I am a long time lurker, I comment here and there when I feel like I can help however, I think that it is time to get my head out of the sand and get my credit right. I am disappointed at myself that I have let things go this far however, my wakeup call was today. I could tell you the backstory as to why my things have gotten this bad... it's almost like a lifetime movie... You can't make this stuff up. My hope is to get myself in a situation that I can purchase myself a new car towards the end of the year. That may or may not be possible; however, that is the goal. 

I have a plan of action; I think.  I am calling on all the vets who make this community possible to comment and make changes to it if there is something out there that will make more sense.

Ok, here goes nothing... (Side Note: This is the first time that I am putting this all together. I am open to any and all sugestions. Please don't be shy. Tear my plan apart if it ain't right.  Smiley Happy)

Credit Scores: EX: 557, EQ: 530, TU: 530

Goodies:

NFCU (secured): 1000 credit line/ 735 owed - (Currently paying 250 every pay period to pay off quickly)

Capital One (secured): 200 Credit Line/ 165 owed - (Paying off in the next 2 weeks)

Express Store Card: 250 Credit Line / 85 owed - (Paying off in the next 2 weeks)

First Premier: 450 Credit Line/400 owed (Was a 2nd chance card -- took the offer. Was a CO and the company rolled the card over to First Premier card @ 0%)

Amazon (AU) 750 Credit Line/ 450 owed 

Discover It (AU): 500 Credit Line/ 450 Owed 

Victoria Secret (AU): 1150 Credit Line/462 owed 

HSN (AU): 1300 Credit Line/861 owed 

Jared Card (AU) 3000 Credit Limit/ 299 owed 

Barclay Card (AU) 5000 Credit Limit/ 2500 owed 

Ok... these are all my goodies. I know that the balances are working against me at this moment. I am in the process of paying everything down to >10% of my available credit lines. Also, the cards that are listed as AU are essentially my cards. No one else charges anything on them. My mother helped me out and "gave" me those cards to get started after my bankruptcy and I could not seem to get any credit in my name. 

GOAL: Pay everything down in the next 90 Days except the Barclays Card. I believe that I can get most of these balances to zero fast!

Baddies:

Inquiries: I wish I would have known how bad this was for my credit health when I started to rebuild. It is safe to say that I will not be applying for any new credit for the next year or so... if my car holds out this long.

Equifax: 56 - I believe some of these was from a halfhearted attempt to find a car. I will be researching this and posting about it later. 

Transunion: 14

Experian: 11

Goal: No credit applications for ANYTHING for the next 12/24 months. Partner has agreed that if the right car deal comes along that we may be able to finance in her name! 

Charge Offs 

This is where I need some help. I am wondering if PFD are just a one in a million thing??? I cannot get anyone to bite… Should I be doing something different?

Capital One - $1132

Capital One - 139 - PAID - Goodwill Campaign 

Fifth Third - $356

Fingerhut - Sold to Midland 250 (Paid to Midland) PAID - Goodwill Campaign as soon as it updates to a paid collection

First Premier - 457 - Offered a second chance account with them. Took it. Given a credit card at 0% for 12 months. Paying off at 50 monthly. Charge off to be updated to PAID

Mid America Bank - $673 

Monroe and Main - $164

PNC Bank - 567: Settled for $170 - Goodwill campaign 

Collections:

Verizon Wireless: $306

Midland Credit/ Fingerhut: 267 - PAID

Credit Bureau Associates (Dr. Bill) - $530 - Honestly, I have NO plans to pay. Doctor was shady with me. 

Enhanced Recovery/T-Mobile: $28 - PAID

Professional Placements: $989 (Old banking account) 

AFNI, Inc. (AT&T): 1299.00 - Another I would like to speak with the Executive office about- Shady situation.

Ok.. I think that this is all of it for right now.... What would you do in priority order?  It is alot and everything that I start dealing with my credit report, I get flustrated and overwelmed. I don't want to do this anymore. I am sick of bad credit. 

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MzCharming
New Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Log 2015 : MsCharming path to 700

Did I get this right... or any suggestions?

Message 2 of 11
tufa4311
Established Contributor

@MzCharming wrote:

Did I get this right... or any suggestions?

Give it some time, you've got a lot to work on here, a lot, and the community will help.

Patience you must have....

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just starting off rebuilding myself. But I think that I would pay down the balances on the credit cards first. I wouldn't contact any COs unless you're ready to pay them something, but before you do that I would see when they would fall off first. If they fall off within the next few months, contact the CRAs and ask for an Early Exclusion. That why they will be removed from your credit report. I would then look into sending PTD letters and GW letters for things that has past dues on them. I'm sure others will add to this or correct me if I'm not right. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number 1 priority is any upaid charged off revolving accounts that are reporting a balance. FICO holds these against your UTI making it impossible to get a low UTI for scoring.

Next is pay balances down so less than half your cards carry a balance.

Then work the rest down.
Message 5 of 11
MzCharming
New Contributor

@MzCharming wrote:

Hello Forums: 

I am a long time lurker, I comment here and there when I feel like I can help however, I think that it is time to get my head out of the sand and get my credit right. I am disappointed at myself that I have let things go this far however, my wakeup call was today. I could tell you the backstory as to why my things have gotten this bad... it's almost like a lifetime movie... You can't make this stuff up. My hope is to get myself in a situation that I can purchase myself a new car towards the end of the year. That may or may not be possible; however, that is the goal. 

I have a plan of action; I think.  I am calling on all the vets who make this community possible to comment and make changes to it if there is something out there that will make more sense.

Ok, here goes nothing... (Side Note: This is the first time that I am putting this all together. I am open to any and all sugestions. Please don't be shy. Tear my plan apart if it ain't right.  Smiley Happy)

Goodies:

NFCU (secured): 1000 credit line/ 735 owed - (Currently paying 250 every pay period to pay off quickly)

Capital One (secured): 200 Credit Line/ 165 owed - (Paying off in the next 2 weeks)

Express Store Card: 250 Credit Line / 85 owed - (Paying off in the next 2 weeks)

First Premier: 450 Credit Line/400 owed @(Was a 2nd chance card -- took the offer. Was a CO and the company rolled the card over to First Premier card @ 0%)

Ok... these are all my goodies. I know that the balances are working against me at this moment. I am in the process of paying everything down to >10% of my available credit lines. Also, the cards that are listed as AU are essentially my cards. No one else charges anything on them. My mother helped me out and "gave" me those cards to get started after my bankruptcy and I could not seem to get any credit in my name. 

GOAL: Pay everything down in the next 90 Days except the Barclays Card. I believe that I can get most of these balances to zero fast!

Baddies:

Inquiries: I wish I would have known how bad this was for my credit health when I started to rebuild. It is safe to say that I will not be applying for any new credit for the next year or so... if my car holds out this long.

Equifax: 56 - I believe some of these was from a halfhearted attempt to find a car. I will be researching this and posting about it later. 

Goal: No credit applications for ANYTHING for the next 12/24 months. Partner has agreed that if the right car deal comes along that we may be able to finance in her name! 

Charge Offs 

This is where I need some help. I am wondering if PFD are just a one in a million thing??? I cannot get anyone to bite… Should I be doing something different?

Capital One - $1132 PAID

Capital One - 139 - PAID

Fifth Third - $356

Fingerhut - Sold to Midland 250 (Paid to Midland) PAID

First Premier - 457 - PAID

Mid America Bank - $673 

Monroe and Main - $164

PNC Bank - 567: Settled for $170 

Collections:

Credit Bureau Associates (Dr. Bill) - $530 - Honestly, I have NO plans to pay. Doctor was shady with me. 

AFNI, Inc. (AT&T): 1299.00 - Another I would like to speak with the Executive office about- Shady situation.

Ok.. I think that this is all of it for right now.... What would you do in priority order?  It is alot and everything that I start dealing with my credit report, I get flustrated and overwelmed. I don't want to do this anymore. I am sick of bad credit. 

Settled and Paid my largest charge-off today! I am pretty proud of myself. I will be embarking on a serious Goodwill Campaign.... But slow and steady wins the race!

Message 6 of 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@MzCharming wrote:

Hello Forums: 

Goodies:

Victoria Secret A(U): 1150 Credit Line/462 owed 

I can't see where these are helping you at all. If anything, they may be holding down your scores some.  It might not be so bad if the person these cards belong to paid them off every month, but their debt on these are factored into your score's utilization.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 11
MzCharming
New Contributor

@2b2rich wrote:

@MzCharming wrote:

Hello Forums: 

Goodies:

Victoria Secret A(U): 1150 Credit Line/462 owed 

I can't see where these are helping you at all. If anything, they may be holding down your scores some.  It might not be so bad if the person these cards belong to paid them off every month, but their debt on these are factored into your score's utilization.

After my bankrupcy and chargeoff... there wasnt any good TL on my file... I couldn't get any credit in my name... my mother opened them and essentially gave me the cards. This is my doing... I am paying ALL of them off in the next 60 to 90 days. I am working on the charge off accounts right is second. 

Message 8 of 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

ok, I can understand that.  It's great that you're keeping a journal of all this, it will be nice down the road and look back at how far you've came and accomplished!

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 9 of 11
MzCharming
New Contributor

@MzCharming wrote:

@MzCharming wrote:

Hello Forums: 

Goodies:

First Premier: 450 Credit Line/400 owed @(Was a 2nd chance card -- took the offer. Was a CO and the company rolled the card over to First Premier card @ 0%)

Baddies:

Charge Offs 

Capital One - $1132 PAID

Capital One - 139 - PAID

Fifth Third - $356

Fingerhut - Sold to Midland 250 (Paid to Midland) PAID

First Premier - 457 - PAID

Mid America Bank - $673 

Monroe and Main - $164

PNC Bank - 567: Settled for $170 

Collections:

06/09/2015 - Paid off Verizon Wireless.... Sending goodwill email to EO to explain circumstances. Wish me luck!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.