Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Log (Help Needed!)

tag
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Log (Help Needed!)

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrs50cal wrote:

Cap1 increased me in May. It really shocked me with the CLI. I had a $300 CL for 4 years and then one morning I woke up and it had been increased to $3300 with zero request on my part. Which, of course, I promptly went out and used. Fail.

Based on your recommendation I will change the budget that I have set up. I was set to make a $700 payment to Cap1 when I get paid next week. I can allocate that differently to pay off Goodyear $84.92, NY&Co $59.89 (I paid $100 on it on 12/24) and Best Buy $385.51 and then allocate the rest to the Cabela's Card.

Go online and log into your account. Under Account services there is a link for requesting a CLI. Its been more than 6 months so the account will be eligible.

Even with my current scores so low? And if asked for a specific amount of increase what should I ask for?

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrs50cal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrs50cal wrote:

Cap1 increased me in May. It really shocked me with the CLI. I had a $300 CL for 4 years and then one morning I woke up and it had been increased to $3300 with zero request on my part. Which, of course, I promptly went out and used. Fail.

Based on your recommendation I will change the budget that I have set up. I was set to make a $700 payment to Cap1 when I get paid next week. I can allocate that differently to pay off Goodyear $84.92, NY&Co $59.89 (I paid $100 on it on 12/24) and Best Buy $385.51 and then allocate the rest to the Cabela's Card.

Go online and log into your account. Under Account services there is a link for requesting a CLI. Its been more than 6 months so the account will be eligible.

Even with my current scores so low? And if asked for a specific amount of increase what should I ask for?

Yes. Captial 1 CLIs are only soft pulls, so it won't hurt your credit. And with Capital 1 there is no option to ask for an amount. 

Message 12 of 30
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrs50cal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrs50cal wrote:

Yes. Captial 1 CLIs are only soft pulls, so it won't hurt your credit. And with Capital 1 there is no option to ask for an amount. 

Alright, I've gone in and requested. Would love to see it go up another $1000. Especially since I've been paying them twice a month the last 2 months.

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrs50cal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrs50cal wrote:

You won't be asked. Just click the link, and input your income and a couple other bits of data and it will either give you an increase or it won't.

Message 14 of 30
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

I have applied for the CLI on Capital One. Since I did it on 12/31 I'm not expecting an answer until Monday. Hoping this comes out in my favor. 

I decided to apply for a CLI on JCP since it has been well over 6 months since getting one from them. Got the auto-increase up to $1000. Hoping to try on Belk and Walmart soon since they're both with Synchrony as well. 

Message 15 of 30
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Card Name

Card BalanceCard LimitUsage
Best Buy Visa$         385.51$     400.0096%
Best Buy Store$                   -  $ 1,000.000%
Cabela's Visa$     1,502.09$ 1,500.00100%
Capital One$     2,181.63$ 3,300.0066%
NY&Co.$         159.89$     750.0021%
Goodyear$           84.92$ 1,050.008%
Belk$                   -  $     900.000%
Care Credit$         330.00$ 1,000.0033%
JCP$                   -  $ 1,000.000%
Walmart$                   -  $     900.000%
Torrid$                   -  $     450.000%
Lane Bryant$                   -  $     100.000%
Avenue$                   -  $     450.00

0%

Got a couple easy CLI today with cards that I haven't used in a few years (Torrid/Avenue) as well as the JCP that I got earlier. It brings my total credit card limits up to $12800. If the CapOne increase comes through that can only help. 

Currently sitting at 36% utilization which should drop some more after I pay a few off next week. Really gearing up and getting excited for a good 2016. 

Message 16 of 30
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Got declined for CLI by CapOne and two Citi accounts (Best Buy store & Goodyear).Picked up two accounts in Victoria's Secret & Amazon store card. I guess I'm officially gardening since I need to work on bringing up my score. I guess my next  question is what now? I've got a plan for paying down balances and I'm gardening but what else can I do? I know I have a few baddies falling off this year (the student loan baddies from 2009 have already come off) but most won't come off for a few more years. I do have some collections that need to be paid. Can someone advice the best way to handle that? Pay in full? Suggest balance in return for delete? Anything else I'm missing?

Message 17 of 30
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

*bump* still need some advice on how to handle a medical collection and what additional steps I need to take moving forward.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrs50cal wrote:

*bump* still need some advice on how to handle a medical collection and what additional steps I need to take moving forward.

Google the HIPAA method by WhyChat and follow the instructions - any questions ask on that forum.

Also - you are going to have to work with your ex on that mortgage - either to get him to assume/refi or sell the house.   Sometimes dealing with the ex is difficult -but as long as you are both on the mortgage you are going to have to push it.  He may have 12 months from the time of decree - BUT he can't wait until month 12 to do something - mortgages are a process usually - so he should start NOW as time has already gone by.   It's either he has the drive to keep the house - or you are going to end up back in court to modify the decree to sell it - Also - if he keeps making late payments and he is supposed to be making them according to the decree - you could take him back to court on a contempt charge.  (just something to think about if he is going to be difficult.)

Message 19 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrs50cal wrote:

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.