Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding My Credit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding My Credit!

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all are you 100% sure these negative items are yours and that they are accurate? If not, the first I would do is send out verification letters (it's always worked in my favor) for the ones in question. In the meantime I would work on getting those balances down on the cc's and then send goodwill letters explaining your situation and asking if they could remove the late pay reporting from your CR. You could also send a gw letter to the credit bureaus asking that they remove the baddies that will be falling off soon (I did that for one that was close to 6 years old).  Good luck 

The only ones that I am not sure about is some of the medical. Theyve tried to group some of mine and my ex husbands together in the past. So those are all in dispute, as well as T-mobile. The rest is mine. Now in order for me to purchase a car in say 6-8 months time. Would I need to get rid of all collections? What would my score need to be? As of right now my current plans are to: 

1. Take care of capital one

2. Get a secured card to help utilization and on time payments

3. Remove authorized user from discover card

4. Pay off collections that are under 24 months old.

With these 4 steps, I am hoping to help my credit score, The only score factor I can't fix is the age, theres nothing I can do about that

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding My Credit!

Me and you are on the same boat! Im in the high 400's aswell and am trying to rebuild my credit asap for a car loan.

I just got approved for a capital one with $200 CL and getting probably opensky and merrick.

I was told to dispute all my collections first , you can do that on credit karma(1 at a time) or go on transunion and dispute all of them.  Say you have no knowledge of them and see which ones fall off.  Usually works for the oldest ones.

Im waiting on mine to update!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.