Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding My credit

tag
pc2388
Valued Member

Re: Rebuilding My credit

Ok ill start with those. Think theyll settle to at least get some of their money? Or will they want it all??
Starting Scores , 3/2014
TU 527
Exp 539
Equ 527

Current Scores, 6/2020
TU 687
Exp 623
Equ 690
Message 71 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

They should settle because something is better than nothing. They know if they try and get garnishment, you could file bk and they get nothing.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 72 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

Pc2388,

When I get home tonight, I'll pm you a letter I used to settle which I included the suggestion of bk. I didn't file bk but wanted them to know Iwas considering it
___________ 12Njoy
Message 73 of 79
pc2388
Valued Member

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!! You guys are such a big help
Starting Scores , 3/2014
TU 527
Exp 539
Equ 527

Current Scores, 6/2020
TU 687
Exp 623
Equ 690
Message 74 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

Pc,

I know what it's like climbing up out of a hole. Just don't give up. I still have a long way to go myself to get back to the credit standing I had some 20 years ago. You can do it! Best the beast, don't let the beast beat you.
___________ 12Njoy
Message 75 of 79
paramed3
Regular Contributor

this is like credit therapy here to me.  I learned so much about myself and who I was.  PC I was ashamed of myself and hid my crefit for years. Even today I am scared as hell something was missed and will pop up on my report and erase all the work I have done. I am so thankful for this forum and the support and how others have helped me but most of all like a drunk I am thankful I am not judged here but the group support makes my life better. We are slaves to capitalism and I hate it but it's life and if you're going to be in the game this place has taught me what happens when you dont live by the rules.  We are all like a family here and really I wish they had realtime chat here so we could all learn fsster and pass more information to each other.  Don't give up it works trust me. 

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 76 of 79
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@pc2388 wrote:
Ok ill start with those. Think theyll settle to at least get some of their money? Or will they want it all??

I would offer them a settlement. Offer 10-15% and see if they give you a counteroffer for 30% or less.....once its paid, you need to find out how "vacating" a judgement works in your state. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 77 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

pc2388,

Check your messages.  I PM'd you a letter.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 78 of 79
pc2388
Valued Member

So just an update. My credit score is slowly rising, as I haven't been as dedicated to fixing as when I first started out. My fiancée added me as an AU on her southwest card, and in just a few short months, I got a pre approval from Cap One. Of course I accepted, and got a 300 limit to start. This was very exciting as I don't think I've ever got one in the mail before, and I just turned 30 this week. Ive also had a First Premier card for about 6 months. I know the fees and interest are high, but i pay it off monthly, so its not that bad. Its what i had to do to build credit without taking the secured route. Now that I've been approved for capital one, do you think I've got a chance getting approved for any other cards?
Starting Scores , 3/2014
TU 527
Exp 539
Equ 527

Current Scores, 6/2020
TU 687
Exp 623
Equ 690
Message 79 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.