Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding My credit

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Rebuilding My credit

pc2388,

Are you student loans derogatory (any of them)?

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 21 of 79
Alex2211
New Visitor

Hi guys. I'm new here so please direct me to the correct thread if I'm off. I am just curious about the speard of my credit scores. I pulled my Experian report in Oct. 2012 and my credit score was 682 back then. Now, last week I wanted to check all three just to verify that they are reporting my new name (after divorce).

I pulled myFICO. and what I got was EX: 618, EQ: 680, TU: 673. Naturally I was shocked to se EX: 618 especially since I was waiting for my last 2 hard inquaries to fall off in August and expected to break 700. So I then pulled the 3-report from experian and got the following numbers: EX: 762, EQ:762, TU: 681. I was also surprised that Experian and Equifax were not showing my closed Amex (had it only for 3 months) and my paid collection (settled about 2 yrs ago). 

Now, since EQ and TU were not reporting my new name I called them with the update and ordered separate reports from them. Equifax came back with a score of 714 and no report of my Amex or collections and TransUnion came back with 793 and reporting everything. Later I found out that the 793 is something called the Vantage score and has a different scale. I then logged into CK and got a page saying my TU score is 723.

I am at a total loss. Getting a range from 618 to 783 is really not helping. Does anybody know which ones are the most accurate? Why did EX and EQ stop reporting my Amex and collection (not that I care to have my collection back) thanks in advance for any help.

As far as my finances go I have one Chase Freedom (since January  2010) (back then my EX was 740) with 5K limit and pay it off in full almost every month. At most I occasionally carry over a balance under 1k. I've never been late on any payment. In December 2010 I got my green Amex but in the frist week of March I got a letter they are closing my account and received no explanation other that the standartized "it could be for one of the following reasons..." bull**bleep** despite numerous calls. I oreder my EX report again and found out my score tanked to 585 becasue of 1200 medical bill that was sent to my old address. (I guess one slipped thru) I paid that and since then I've been recovering and slowly moving up to 682 in Oct 2012.

Since I have no inquaries, yesterday I applied for Citi Diamond Preferred and got an automatic 6k limit and got approved for Discover it (although no word on the limit yet)

Chase Freedom 5k, Citi Diamond Preferred 6k, Discover IT
Message 22 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

Alex2211,

With your recent approvals, you should find out your score.  Especially from Discover who pulls Equifax, so you will get your EQ FICO with the card.  I would trust the FICO score over any FAKO or Vantage score.  Some lenders use their own scoring model.  I just got my Discover card and it is pretty close to the score that Equifax has.  Equifax had me at 682 and Discover Equifax FICO came back at 689.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 23 of 79
Alex2211
New Visitor

Thanks. I'll look of it when the card gets here.

Message 24 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

Alex2211

I would say your score is pretty good with your recent approvals.  Also, you can call Discover and they will tell you your credit limit and APR.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 25 of 79
pc2388
Valued Member

No
Starting Scores , 3/2014
TU 527
Exp 539
Equ 527

Current Scores, 6/2020
TU 687
Exp 623
Equ 690
Message 26 of 79
Alex2211
New Visitor

I'm sorry, but... No??? On what?

Message 27 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

Alex2211,

I think pc2388 was replying to me about their student loans being derogatory

___________ 12Njoy
Message 28 of 79
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Wow that credit report is unreal. I thought mine was bad 5 years ago back when I was 533. I have busted my can for 4 years and still can not break 800. I have not been late or no collections and almost all inquires are gone. The couple that are there are almost 24 months old. CL total 12,000 on 4 cards with utilization this month of no more than 60 bucks total all cards. I bought about 1200.00 in stuff needed this month using my cards but paid them down to .006% before they report.  I think I am just bracket locked and like you guys say have to garden for a while. I just can not get my scores to more anymore. They were on fire now with everything all but perfect I have nothing to fix to get them to move. Any ideas ?

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 29 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

paramed3,

I am no expert, but what I have been told that in order to hit that 800 mark you have to have a long credit file which would be more than 5 years.  I don't know the truth to that statement, as you see I'm no where near that.  Maybe some on here with long files can shed more light on this for you.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.