Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Process

I am in the process of trying to rebuild my credit like many others here. I need to know which to pay off first.

I had lost my job and things spiraled out of control and now I need to get them fixed. Now I am in position to do so. I know things won't happen overnight but I have to start somewhere.

I have a CO of 1979 with Cap1 and as of July 11' it was at 2600. I tried to call and work things out with them and they would not so unfortunately I made the mistake of letting it just go and now its a big baddie on my credit. Its scheduled to record until 2016 but I want to get it off and buy a house or try to make a settlement amount or something to improve my scores.

I have a Closed Band of america card it was nearly maxed out at 4,952 of a 5k balance. I pay on this monthly and have two late payments of 90 days on the history and have not been late in over a year and a half and owe 1800 on it now.

I have a Discover Card that was over the credit limit of a 1000 with a high balance of 1479 and now only owe 400.This account was closed by them due to a 180 day late payment history.

I got a Kay Jewler Card in June of 11 with a 500 limit and never used it.

I have am a Co signer on a Helberg diamond card that I owe 1500 on had a limit of 5500 and used 3500 of it. I had this card since dec 2010, however it is not reporting to transunion or experian. I know I can send a letter requesting it be reported as I am making all the payments on time and have never been late.

I have student loans in good standing but are in deferment status right now. One I owe 977 on but it shows up twice on my report but it is the same account number and I have another balance with the same company that also shows up twice as 433. I believe this is eating up my credit line since it shows up twice.

I have about 6000 dollars cash to work with right now to get things in motion to pay off, ptd, whatever I need to do in order to get my credit improved but I'm not sure what my best options are.

I greatly appreciate any help.

My scores are trans: 602, experian 551, and equifax 613.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding Process

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.