Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage! - CLOSING DATE!!! Update

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage!

Congratulations on the very nice increases in both your scores and your CL's!  You are well on your way to your goals Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wohoo - more good news - DH got a Lowes card - $800 SL - BUT - I went on chat for him (yes he knows and approved) and asked for a CLI immediately following approval - presto - $5000.   Now I'm sure many would say I left money on the table....BUT he only has one other card in his name remember - the CapOne for $500.  

One more card and I could take him off my Discover and Amex Smiley Very Happy- but I won't be that mean yet!  Not unless a LO tells me to at mortgage time!

However - stupid stupid meSmiley Mad - didn't time things right and accidently have a report of $0 utility cause I paid off my Discover card in full - and nothing else had reported a balance yet........took a hit of like 20+ pts.     Oh well, it'll be right soon enough - next week I'll let my CapOne report and all will be right in the world again!  Smiley Very Happy

I will get the YoYo under control - I have a couple months to get it together - then mortgage app time!   Hopefully in Feb or March!!!   I'm sticking on this road - even if I hit a couple bumps along the way!

Message 22 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage! (updates)

Well yesterday I got a CLI on my CapOne Platinum card - and it was upgraded to rewards status - that was nice.

Now I just have to sit and wait (the hard part! Smiley Mad) and let everything report!   My Amex still isn't reporting - and I now have new credit lines on well - just about everything (haven't tried Chase yet simply because you have to call in and I don't feel like it yet)  I honestly am not that thrilled with my Chase card - so I mostly let it sit - and let my daughter take it when I need her to run an errand for me. 

20 more days until I can pull reports on CCT - and hoping that things start reporting soon (amex cut statement yesterday) and my CapOne will report a balance ...since I accidently had 0 UTIL reporing - oops.  

Still making payments on time and just well...hanging out in here and playing the waiting game ......  Now that I'm out of the Crappy Credit Pub - I need to find a new hang out - where's that OK Credit Lounge at?????

Message 23 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage! (updates)

Well - I did a couple things - probably shouldn't have...but well too late now.

1.   Applied for VS card - got 7-10 day message (I really wanted the discounts for this card).  Anyway - came back denied - my first denial since rebuilding.  Said too many inquiries....a whole 6 was too many I guess.

2.   Got a Kohls card yesterday - this one I wanted for the discounts too - heck the practically pay you to take stuff out of the store when you have a Kohls card - and I shop for the kids there a lot - I got $400 limit - which was fine - I got 25% off first day of shopping - which was the whole point anyway - got my son new winter outerwear in the nick of time (it's snowing today)

I wish the AMEX would report - still doesn't look to be....maybe after 2nd statement cut..?   Oh well.   I'm gonna hit my spend on it easilyt (spend $1000 in 3 mos and get $100 reward).   Easy with Christmas!   Same with Chase!  (gotta spend another $60 by the 18th...that should be easy - I'll just pay my internet bill). 

Now I really have to sit on my hands and garden!!!   I have one of the two store cards I wanted - I don't really want any others....so I'm pretty happy.   

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following this wonderful success story. Hope mine will be similar soon. Great work jlynn!
Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Following this wonderful success story. Hope mine will be similar soon. Great work jlynn!

You can do it too!!    In all reality - I've only really been working on this for about 5 months (or less). 

I'll be excited to see what happens when I pay that tax lien off (and hopefully can get it removed!)  Only owe $1000 left on it (plan on it being gone by Feb! Then I'm free and clear (except for a couple old late payments that I'm not even going to mess with!)

Message 26 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Following this wonderful success story. Hope mine will be similar soon. Great workjlynn!

You can do it too!!    In all reality - I've only really been working on this for about 5 months (or less). 

I'll be excited to see what happens when I pay that tax lien off (and hopefully can get it removed!)  Only owe $1000 left on it (plan on it being gone by Feb! Then I'm free and clear (except for a couple old late payments that I'm not even going to mess with!)

Coincidentally, just started my credit report clean-up in August. I just made my first payment for my state tax lien  payoff last week. I have just under $1,300 left and plan to have it paid off by February as well. Seems like we are both at about the same point. That is why I am loving reading your thread here, lol Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up the great work! You are KILLING it!!
Message 28 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

dum da da dum!   (that's my drum roll LOL)

Got update from CCT today

Fako started at   TU    EQ    EX

April 2015           573   586   unknown

FICO July 2015  614   651  572

TODAY              706   708   684

Two scores over 700!  I hate EX tho - it's always behind - apparently it has the most inquiries and that is the lag as best I can tell!  I have to stay in the Garden....so hard tho!

Message 29 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work!!!
Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.