Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage! - CLOSING DATE!!! Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding - Road to Mortgage!

Well I dropped outta sight for a while - was getting WAY too addicted to this site and checking my scores.  

Also - got a little outta hand with all my new cards - but am getting it back under control.  So still waiting for the scores to rebound from that.

Good news tho - We finally sent the final check off on the tax lien.  My agent told me to wait a bit as it takes 60 days after the final payment to start the process of getting the withdrawal filed and getting it off my report - but she was really good about it.  So it looks like the end of June I can start that process.

Also - DH made the final payment on the back child support - so that will come off his report in about 6 weeks they say.....

We got a few CLI's along the way - Captial one cards are up to $2000 each.  Discover up to $1800 and I now have a Old Navy card for kids' clothes.   NO MORE appls to be done - but I have the two store cards that I would use the most (barring VS - but for some reason they don't want to give me one)

All we have to do now is pay down those cards - not too bad about $2000 total owed....and we will be set!   YAY

Message 41 of 70
devinlebron
Established Member

Good evening and congratulations on your progress!!! I was praying you could enlightened me a bit on just how you got that child support removed.?????I have 4 baddies...3 of which happen to be C.Spprt.....uuughhh...and thanx
Message 42 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once all child support is caught up the state said to contact them and they will remove it. It was held from our tax return but will take a few weeks to complete processing and update. Then we can contact the state to stop reporting. His son ages or, so the account closes
Message 43 of 70
devinlebron
Established Member

Cool......got it
Message 44 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: Both times I have had to deal with child support it was for a child that 'aged out' of receiving it.  If you are still required to pay - you may have a different result.   (Child support is from Nebraska as well - just in case that matters since all states are different.)

Oh - and the tax lien is in Iowa - just in case anyone wanted to know.   I'm happy that I should have all the baddies off by summer - and figure all the cards should be paid down by then too.

House shopping this summer - MAYBE......

Message 45 of 70
devinlebron
Established Member

Good looking out jlynn0819....i greatly appreciate the insight.
Message 46 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok couple of updates.....

I finally got that ellusive VS card - SCT so no pulls - YAY!

I cancelled CCT - temporarily - I'll get back on it soon enough - but figured it was just getting to be too addicting checking my score almost every day.....

DH's as of 3/15/2016   EX 705  EQ 654  TU  707

Mine as of 3/15/2016 EX 665  EQ 681  TU  689

I have to wait until June 1 to start arguing on the tax lien....if it doesn't fall off by then I am supposed to contact the county where it is filed and work on removal...

Child Support has updated on my husbands.....now it didn't remove the tradeline...they updated it to paid as agreed - no derogatory remarks....So it reports positive....I'd love to know what that really did to DH's scores....but I know utility is high for him right now (bought tools for business and has a high balance on his Lowes card)......I think as we get that one paid down he will be mid 700s across the board!  

Mine - well still gotta get utility down to get the scores up.   Basically I'm hoping for the payoffs close to the time that the lien falls off in June....with a little luck I'll be in the 700s again too!   Then we can talk about mortgages!!!!  

The plan is to talk to our landlord and see if they will work with us and maybe sell us the house we are in.   We already know the issues....have done some things to the home....with permission....and well after 4 years - it is home.   Cross your fingers on that one.  Two years ago she told me they needed more equity in it - which after another 2 years paying rent you would think they would have (That's like $20K in rent!)  They are both getting up there...not old -but not so young that they want to do the repairs themselves anymore and they have to hire it out or give us rent credits for doing them ourselves.....So maybe it's a win-win if they sell it to us!

Message 47 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got that ellusive VS card - SCT so no pulls - YAY!

I cancelled CCT - temporarily - I'll get back on it soon enough - but figured it was just getting to be too addicting checking my score almost every day.....

DH's as of 3/15/2016   EX 705  EQ 654  TU  707

Mine as of 3/15/2016 EX 665  EQ 681  TU  689

I have to wait until June 1 to start arguing on the tax lien....if it doesn't fall off by then I am supposed to contact the county where it is filed and work on removal...

Child Support has updated on my husbands.....now it didn't remove the tradeline...they updated it to paid as agreed - no derogatory remarks....So it reports positive....I'd love to know what that really did to DH's scores....but I know utility is high for him right now (bought tools for business and has a high balance on his Lowes card)......I think as we get that one paid down he will be mid 700s across the board!  

Mine - well still gotta get utility down to get the scores up.   Basically I'm hoping for the payoffs close to the time that the lien falls off in June....with a little luck I'll be in the 700s again too!   Then we can talk about mortgages!!!!  

The plan is to talk to our landlord and see if they will work with us and maybe sell us the house we are in.   We already know the issues....have done some things to the home....with permission....and well after 4 years - it is home.   Cross your fingers on that one.  Two years ago she told me they needed more equity in it - which after another 2 years paying rent you would think they would have (That's like $20K in rent!)  They are both getting up there...not old -but not so young that they want to do the repairs themselves anymore and they have to hire it out or give us rent credits for doing them ourselves.....So maybe it's a win-win if they sell it to us!

According to FICO, child support is not included in scoring.

Message 48 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Child Support has updated on my husbands.....now it didn't remove the tradeline...they updated it to paid as agreed - no derogatory remarks....So it reports positive....I'd love to know what that really did to DH's scores....

I know his scores dropped when they started reporting it late (and he had NO other credit/accounts on his report) now that it's current it should help.   They were reporting as LATE, which (even if the accounts were supposed to count in his score) did affect it.

Message 49 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Child Support has updated on my husbands.....now it didn't remove the tradeline...they updated it to paid as agreed - no derogatory remarks....So it reports positive....I'd love to know what that really did to DH's scores....

I know his scores dropped when they started reporting it late (and he had NO other credit/accounts on his report) now that it's current it should help.   They were reporting as LATE, which (even if the accounts were supposed to count in his score) did affect it.

I've heard similar things before, I wonder if it throws you into a derog scoring bucket even if its not scored directly?

Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.