Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding - Time to Heal

tag
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

Rebuilding - Time to Heal

Hello All

I was debating between filing banckruptcy or rebuilding.  I pulled my reported and opted to rebuild my credit.  I thought it would be best for me to work with what I have and try to add fresh credit, so I went in search of new credit.  About 2 years ago my scores were in the 400s, but when I pulled my report I noticed that my scores were mid 500s.  Naive me thought "not bad, I can work with this".  Low and behold I did get approved for some store cards, so this boosted my confidence further.

Long story short, my score is now ~ 570.  But I came to a realization that this isn't enough.  I shouldn't try to apply for more credit cards until I fix what I currently have.  Trying to add new credit to stinking old credit is like adding perfume or cologne without taking a bath! 

So I'm going to take a step back and try to work on my derogatory remarks that are on my report.  It's the only way that I would truly improve my score and get approved for prime credit cards.

Time to garden and watch my credit bloom!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding - Time to Heal

Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.