Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding -- UPDATE: 600 CLUB

tag
Studio90x
Contributor

Re: Rebuilding

I received a notice from North American Credit Services in the mail today stating the account(s) has been paid in full so I called them to let them know that they'll be receiving my snail mail asking for deletion after the fact, lol.  CSR stated that they did contact the CRAs to delete the accounts from my report (YAY!) so hopefully the change will be there when I hit refresh on my 3 CRs via Credit Check Total after the 27th.

EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 31 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

One step forward = two steps backwards . . .

EX8 dropped to 559 after a new collection has been added to my report.

AMSHER COLLECTION SERV

Original Creditor: T-Mobile

Amount: $603

Date Opened: 05/01/2015 --- If this is the DOFD then it's incorrect.  the DOFD was in Summer 2014 when I left T-Mobile.

Date Reported: 07/01/2015

This was originally with Diversified Consultants but then they had removed it from my reports so I didn't think anything of it.  It has now apparently been bought out by AmSher.  Will be sending a DV via email then see how much they're willing to settle this account for.

Also noticed via Credit Karma that North American Credit Services has zeroed out the balance on the 2 accounts for $177 and $147 then added a comment saying I was disputing it through TU.  I didn't contact TU to dispute these accounts though. 

Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email is not a legal method of DV. It must be sent by snail mail.

Date opened is not the DoFD. Did you not receive a dunning notice from the new collector?

Consider contacting T-mobile EO for resolution - the CEO is apparently big on improving their public image and of late has been amenable to resolving old accounts in a positive manner. Being barely a year old, its very likely T-mobile still owns the account.

Message 33 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Email is not a legal method of DV. It must be sent by snail mail.

Date opened is not the DoFD. Did you not receive a dunning notice from the new collector?

Consider contacting T-mobile EO for resolution - the CEO is apparently big on improving their public image and of late has been amenable to resolving old accounts in a positive manner. Being barely a year old, its very likely T-mobile still owns the account.

I don't recall receiving a notice from the new collector.

Email to T-Mobile's EO has been sent.  Hoping for a positive response. (fingers crossed)

Will snail mail the DV letter to CA after I get a response from the EO.

Message 34 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

Checked CK and on TU report North American Credit Services now has added the comment to 2 accounts.

Message 35 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

T-Mobile's EO Response:

While it is T-Mobile’s position this balance is valid and owed, we wish to propose a resolution to

assist you in settling the account. T-Mobile offers to reduce the total amount owed to $275.00

which is equivalent to approximately half the total balance once we removed the collection fee.

If you are able to pay this amount in full, we will have the account removed from collections and

any negative marks on your credit report removed.

Hey, not a full free and clear of the balance owed, but I will take them up on this offer as I am dealing with them directly.  I have been given until August 17th to make the payment.  Been getting a little overtime and hope that I'll be able to take care of it by that date.

All that leaves is the stupid charge off with First Premier that I'm still paying on reporting on my EX and once that clears my EX report will be the only clean report.

Message 36 of 50
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Studio90x wrote:

How long does it take CAs to change the unpaid status to paid status?

Can take up to 60 days depending on how quick they move to update.

@Studio90x wrote:

Checked CK and on TU report North American Credit Services now has added the comment to 2 accounts.

It means that they have determined the reporting creditor has complied with the laws of the FCRA for reporting of the TL.

Message 37 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

Update ! Currently TU is lagging behind in updating my utilization;  still showing at 93% instead of 36%. Should be going down from the 36% in the next week as I made payments on 3 of my accounts (Fingerhut, Marisota, Simply Be).

EQ still my lowest score as it got inquiry love from when I was car shopping in October 2013. My inquiries will be dropping off within the next 4 months. So I'm just playing a waiting game.

Still have T-Mobile and First Premier on hold for PIF. T-Mobile offered $275 and full deletion and First Premier offered me $174.xx for settled less than full. Will try to see if they'll do a full deletion when I go to pay it.

Starting scores are in signature. 

Screenshot_2015-08-05-14-27-20.png

Message 38 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

For those on mobile who can't see my sig.

Starting Scores: 6/17/15 - FICO 8 EX 569 , TU 562 , EQ 524

Message 39 of 50
Studio90x
Contributor

Score Update !

09/04 - EX 597 , TU 591 , EQ 555

-------------- 28, 29, 31 point increase from when I started my rebuild journey in June.

First Premier hasn't update it's status to Paid, Settled for Less Than Full yet. Will start my GW campagin to get this completely removed.

Getting ready to pay T-Mobile off in the next few days, requested an extension as I had to use funds to repair my car.  Brakes were going bad.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.