cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding after Chapter 13 discharge help!!

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding after Chapter 13 discharge help!!

No, go ahead and apply for that and the SSL if the mortgage company doesn't report the mortgage. Outside of that, I wouldn't apply for anything else until the collection is taken care of.

Secured loans can be paid thru the bankruptcy and continue to be paid after the bankruptcy and still be "included" in the bankruptcy. If the mortgage was not reaffirmed, you could literally walk away from the mortgage and not be liable for any loss the lender takes. If a mortgage is not reaffirmed, many lenders will not report it to the credit bureaus again. You would need to ask your attorney if you reaffirmed or not. It's basically a contract you sign during BK. Most people don't reaffirm any debts, even when they keep the asset and continue paying the loan.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, I got you. I will check and thanks so much!!

Message 12 of 16
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @ medicgrrl ☺

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wednesday Morning: Call NAVY on the Phone

Get prepared to address "every possible reason" to NAVY when  you request the Secured Credit Card.

Without hesitation, volunteer for a Fresh Hard Pull.  * you spent Four HPs on those other cards.  This HP is worth far more that what you already got.

Not sure what is lurking below the surface in your credit history, but be prepared to discuss it, and they should be able to feel that it is not an issue.

Also assume that Navy will already know about your other Four applications / approvals.  Don't assume their stupid, they are not.

Hopefully you have some extra money in your shared account at Navy to get it shipped over night Express.

If you get offered a CL of $500, take it and run!

Best Wishes!!!!

Insertclevernamehere1 wrote:
Hello everyone longtime lurker here. First off like to say thank you!!!! You all are a wealth of information.

Okay here we go!! Chapter 13 discharged 3/17. Due to be removed 3/18...(went longer than 60 months too long to explain)

Anyway I was able to get in the NFCU thru the San Diego chapter before it closed, thanks to the info found here. I applied for the Visa Cash rewards was declined. Primary reason given Bankruptcy. I sent SM asking if secured card could be set up with same HP was told no.

Current FICO scores are EX 592, TU 504, EQ no score given. AAoA is 10 years on closed accounts in good standing.

I have one collection on EQ for $98 requested PIFD waiting for response. I have a mortgage that isn't being reported correctly. Currently trying to get it resolved.

Current accounts just applied within the last two weeks. Not showing on reports yet.

Capitol One Platinum $300 limit/bal $20
Discover secured $200 haven't received card yet
Victoria Secret $500 limit/bal $48
New York and CO $350 limit/bal $0

My question do I garden and wait 6 months to apply again for a NFCU credit card? Or should I just go ahead and open a secured card with them? Lastly do neither and just let these accounts age some to boost my score.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too late for the phone call. I applied online and received the message of "it can take up to 24 hours or if any additional information is required". So I will have to wait and see. I hope I'm not declined again ☹, If so I will definitely try and recon.

3 of the hard pulls on TU are from Capital One, NFCU twice (1 to open the account and the other pull was for the Cash reward visa that was declined) other 2 pulls are from early year for a possible refi.

Discover pulled EX
The other 2 cards were soft pulls from SCT.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.