Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding again, Need help making a plan

tag
Ms_Pooka
Established Member

Rebuilding again, Need help making a plan

Hello all! I previously joined these forums after I filed bankruptcy in 2012. I was able to build up to a 680 and do well for 2 years....Then I lost my job in 2014 and was out of work for 8 months. So now I am finally ready to deal with it all, and it looks a little bleak. I want to buy a home sometime next year, so my maging number is 640/660 that I need to achieve. Current scores are:

EX 544

EQ 548

TU 577

The dashboard says this is my score 8? Not sure what that means. So here is the Good:

I have a car loan that is in good standing for the last 16 months

I have 2 installment loans (furniture) that are in good standing, but only 5 months old

The Bad:

I have like 12 collections. 6 are credit cards that once i lost my job i could not keep up the payments. the total is about 8500.

the other six are for ATT and medical bills.

I have recieved settlement letters for the credit card bills. My question is where do I start? Settle just to stop them from reporting monthly? I can ask for a PFD for some of the smaller balances, because I can pay those off....Any advice is appreciated. 

Starting Myfico Scores: 6/16
EX 544
EQ 548
TU 577

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding again, Need help making a plan

PFD - PFD - PFD!!!

If any collection agency is willing to offer a PFD or you can negotiate for one, that is by far the best way to go.

MEdical Bills - Google HIPPA process

Keep those on time payments going for those installment accounts.

Do you have any credit cards still open and reporting?
Message 2 of 5
Ms_Pooka
Established Member

thanks for the response. is there a thread that has the PFD process outlined? And I dont have an open credit card, but was planning to open a secured CC at my credit union. They don't even chack your credit. I am going to do a 1000 limit

Starting Myfico Scores: 6/16
EX 544
EQ 548
TU 577

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, PFD is the first option on whatever you can. Then you go from there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.