cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding again

tag
ormanfan7

Rebuilding again

After several years of reestablishing credit post divorce, I have made a big "boo boo"

I totaled my 2006 hyundai accent in 11/14 and had to purchase another vehicle. My credit score was a 673 and I was able to finance a 2013 nissan sentra. That was a big step for me. However, I checked my fico score in january and noticed that I overlooked a $105 medical bill that went into collections on my report. My score is currently a 603, including numerous credit inquiries from the car purchase.

I also have 4 credit cards that are almost at their limits(balances totaling $3,750 that are probably affecting score as well. I haven't missed any payments over the past 3 years. Maybe I should also add that I have a few old items on credit report as well due to come off later this year (old student loan collection with $0 bal paid off)  

Any score rebuilding suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding again

@ormanfan7 wrote:

After several years of reestablishing credit post divorce, I have made a big "boo boo"

I totaled my 2006 hyundai accent in 11/14 and had to purchase another vehicle. My credit score was a 673 and I was able to finance a 2013 nissan sentra. That was a big step for me. However, I checked my fico score in january and noticed that I overlooked a $105 medical bill that went into collections on my report. My score is currently a 603, including numerous credit inquiries from the car purchase.

I also have 4 credit cards that are almost at their limits(balances totaling $3,750 that are probably affecting score as well. I haven't missed any payments over the past 3 years. Maybe I should also add that I have a few old items on credit report as well due to come off later this year (old student loan collection with $0 bal paid off)  

Any score rebuilding suggestions?

Thanks

Attempt the HIPAA process for the medical collection (Google it) and get your cards paid down that is your biggest problem, you want all paid off to 0 balance and let 1 report 1-9% of its CL to maximize your fico score.

Message 2 of 3
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding again

+1

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.