Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding and a Cap One Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding and a Cap One Recon

I didnt know if I should post this in Rebuilding or New Credit...because I am a rebuilder myself I thought I would post it here. If its in the wrong place please feel free to move it

I am currently in the middle of rebuilding. I opened a secured Cap 1 card 4/14 with a $200 limit ( had to put the whole $200 down) september I started really getting into it and and got half of my collections deleted. October 11th my 6th statement with Capital One Sec will cut.

I posted not to long ago about the scores needed to get approved for a Cap1 QSone card. I had 2 FP COs set to fall off in the next few months and was going to wait to apply till then. Even though I have gotten my score up by 100 points, my scores were still in the mid to upper 500's. TU is about to hit 600 (I need 3 more points and I cant wait) well last week I got my COs off early with TU and thought I would apply and I was instantly denied.

I wanted to recon but was way to scared.(scared of the denial again) I honestly did not think at all that I would be approved. I never did a recon before and I was scared. I finally gave in and emailed the EO 10/2/14. They called back the next day, the guy was great and offered me if I wanted to recon (in the email I was to scared to ask for a recon so I just asked if they could give me the denial reasons early).....he told me someone would call in 3-5 business days.

Well today they called while my DH had the phone. When he got home I was so scared.and told my DH I wasnt going to call back bc it is probably a denial. Well he talked me into it and the whole time I was shaking. The guy was being extra nice and kept talking to me about how was my day and how was my birthday (I just had one) and the whole time I was thinking yea its probably a denial and he is just trying to butter me up before telling me no.......Well then he goes on to say we got the results back today and it looks like you were APPROVED FOR $300!! WOW!! I was so happy and shocked. I know its a little CLI but going from a Instant denial to a approval is great. I still have a lot of work ahead of me but I cant thank everyone on this forum enough. I had no clue what a recon was till I came here. You guys have helped me so much. I could never thank you guys enough.

To all the rebuilders. If you get a NO make sure you recon!!! Dont take no for a answer unless u have to!! Dont give up!!! I was ready to not call them back at all because I honestly thought it was going to be a denial and I didnt want to put myself through it again. In the beginning I also was ready to not even submit a recon!!! So dont give up like I was ready to do 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding and a Cap One Recon

What email did you use? Can you PM me it?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will now
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent!!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also its wasnt another hardpull!! When the guy asked if I wanted to recon, I said sure why not I already took the HP and he said exactly and since you app'ed in the last 30 days we wont have to pull it again!!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I do think you appd a bit too early. I was in pretty much the SAME situation about 9 months ago. I waited, and even trashed a couple of pre-approved letters from CAP1... the 3rd letter and 9th month in my secured card i apped for the QuickSilver (others were saying to app for the Quicksilver one w/ annual fee) and was approved for $1k. My first official credit card and 1 month in I am at $800 (will pay in the next couple of days in full)

Now that you have this card treat it like gold as it will be your gateway to good credit. Don't max it out and pay it off on time.... oh and don't go app crazy now just cause you got approved for this 1 card. I may sound a bit harsh but I know how this feels and hope you do things right now. Congrats and welcome aboard!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stonesy- Not harsh at all!! I am new to all of this so advice whether good or bad is much appreciated, so I thank you!! I also agree with you, I was just thinking that I should of just kept the secured card and upped my limit on that and keep that (while raising the limit) for a few more months then app, I might of been able to get a better card or a much better CL. I am happy now that I am approved after taking the inquiry but now im worried about my AAoA.

I also did not app and dont plan to app for anything else. If I was instantly approved, I might of gotten the itch but because I wasnt.and had to recon I honestly think I will get denied for everything else and I think thats helping me not to app anymore. I did get the pop out from Overstock a couple days ago but didnt accept it and dont plan to (I would probably get a lousy limit if I did) My DH was trying to get me to accept it but I know better and told him no lol.......my main goal right now is to get the rest of the baddoes off. I think I am more obsessed with getting a clean report them apping right now. (Hopefully that wont change). This is my first ever rewards card so I think thats why I wanted it so bad no matter what even though what you say is right and I should of waited so I could of gotten either a the better card or a better CL

I will make sure that there are no more apps for a long time. Thanks so much again for the advice.
Message 7 of 10
Soni
Established Member

Great job! can you please PM me the email address also!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much and Yes I will send it now.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.